Author Topic: Carrying camera gear?  (Read 6515 times)

rafiki

• rafikiPHOTO
Carrying camera gear?
« on: July 08, 2018, 10:20:50 pm »
Has anyone come across a solution to carrying a DSLR and one or two lenses on a bike? I like to combine my daily ride with a bit of photography on the way but dislike a backpack or a slingstrap. Has anyone found a pannier or bar bag specifically designed for photographers?
Brian.

Oggi

• D-JAC Limited
Re: Carrying camera gear?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 10:49:33 pm »
The ortlieb bar bag can be adapted to carry dslr camera. Have a look at https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/luggage/ortlieb-camera-insert-kit-for-ultimate-bar-bags-of94/

Doug

bikepacker

• Bikepacker
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 10:32:43 am »
The Ortlieb camera insert as recommended by Oggi will fit most barbags and is well worth getting to protect your camera. My barbag is a Rixen and Kaul and I only ever have it on the bike when I need to carry a DSLR. Which as jags will tell you is very rare.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 10:34:20 am by bikepacker »
If you want to be happy learn to be alone without being lonely.
If you want to enjoy the world see it from the saddle of a bike.
If you want to experience beauty camp alone in a spectacular place.
If you want release your anxieties cease excuses and take actions.

Oggi

• D-JAC Limited
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 02:22:20 pm »
I agree it will fit most bar bags. I just happen to have an ortleib. I promise I don’t have shares!

pinkbunnyok96

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 07:55:55 pm »
Used ortleib bar bag hated every mile did not feel that secure resorted to rear bag on a rack (thorn) for long trips and a camera Lowe pro sling bag for local trips (cannon eos 5 mk3 24 to 70 2.8 lens

Pavel

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2019, 11:36:08 pm »
I have that camera insert, but now never carry it.  The gear is plenty protected in the handlebar bag as is, and I didn't like how much space the insert took up.  My Nikon Z6, 24-70 F 4.0, Rokinon 14 f 2.8 and Nikon 135 F 2.8 AIS, all fit just fine inside of the soft bags that I carry them in (Think Tank Skin pouches - the old style) when off the bike or motorcycle.