Author Topic: Cobalt Blue Touch-up  (Read 3254 times)

RST Scout

• Janet
Cobalt Blue Touch-up
« on: July 04, 2018, 06:51:37 pm »
Hi All,

Has anyone come across a good match for Thorn's cobalt blue? I've managed to scratch Bettina already :'(

Janet

Scout & Bettina's slave!

jags

Re: Cobalt Blue Touch-up
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 07:59:48 pm »
Janet did u not get small (tiny) bottle touch up paint when you bought it.
best bet go to car parts shop get them to match the color buy a small tin last forever.

btw how did u manage to scratch her shame on you girl  :'( :'(

Anto.

RST Scout

• Janet
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 12:46:33 pm »
Hi Anto,
No, I didn't get a bottle of touch-up paint. (Anto, I wouldn't be asking if i did would I? ;)). I was trying to cycle a very overgrown path across a field and hit a molehill of all things. As I was going very slowly, I fell off..............right into a large clump of nettles and my cleate must have caught the crossbar :-[  Me in short sleeved jersey and cycling shorts and not a blood dock-leaf anywhere around either :'(  And yes, my first thought was to see if the bike was OK.

Janet

Scout & Bettina's slave!

mickeg

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 05:23:39 pm »
I have usually tried to find a reasonably close color in a nail polish bottle.  With the built in brush it is easy and convenient to touch up.  I do not have the blue bike you are talking about so I can't suggest a brand or color.

jags

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 06:21:30 pm »
Hi Anto,
No, I didn't get a bottle of touch-up paint. (Anto, I wouldn't be asking if i did would I? ;)). I was trying to cycle a very overgrown path across a field and hit a molehill of all things. As I was going very slowly, I fell off..............right into a large clump of nettles and my cleate must have caught the crossbar :-[  Me in short sleeved jersey and cycling shorts and not a blood dock-leaf anywhere around either :'(  And yes, my first thought was to see if the bike was OK.

Janet
aww you poor pet well as long as the bike was ok. ;D

RST Scout

• Janet
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2018, 06:11:01 pm »

[/quote]

Thanks Anto, I think ???
Scout & Bettina's slave!

jags

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2018, 06:39:23 pm »

Thanks Anto, I think ???
[/quote]

;D ;D i knew once you were looking for just touch up paint the body was fine.the joys of cycling.

anto.

phopwood

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2018, 04:32:11 pm »
Janet,

I have not posted for a while, but I have just been hunting for a match for my blue RST.  The paint finish on mine is not great, lots of random rust and pealing paint,  the other 2 thorn frames i own the paint is much better.

I used humbrol enamel met 222 from hobby craft.  It is not 100% but is is very close.

All the best.

Peter.

RST Scout

• Janet
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2018, 06:14:57 pm »
Thanks very much Peter. I'll give it a go.

Janet
Scout & Bettina's slave!