Community > Member's Gallery

Did I do something wrong?

(1/2) > >>

RST Scout:
I wrote a (new topic) message earlier on about my new audax and included 4 photos. I hit "post" and my message disappeared :(. What did I do wrong?

Janet

jags:
try again  ;)
no idea how to post photos and not going to annoy my wee brain trying to find out how.

anto.

Danneaux:
Hi Janet!

Occasionally, there will be a hiccup between your computer and Thorn's server that will cause problems. On my machines, the screensaver erases all unsent PMs and post to the Forum, so I have taken to composing offline in Notepad, then cutting and pasting it to the Forum's "Compose" box.

If photos are too large, they won't make the trip and will take the text portion of the post down as well. For this reason, it is a good idea to resize and limit posts to no more than about 800K each maximum to ensure they transfer.

I didn't take them down.  :D  I'd suggest trying again. If you still have problems, PM me and I'll look into it in more detail.

Best,

Dan.

Andre Jute:
Janet, the software for this forum is not very robust. Did you go away from the page on which you were replying to look up something elsewhere on the forum? That's another way of losing your post because you can't return to it with the back button, you just get another opportunity to recreate your post. The way to manage that one, and a lot of other glitches, is to do nothing on that page but write your post, preview it, and post it. If you want to do something else, like search other posts for a link, say, then open a new page from the Finder/Desktop, open the forum on that page, and then search in that page.

RST Scout:

--- Quote from: Danneaux on June 08, 2018, 09:58:53 pm ---Hi Janet!

Occasionally, there will be a hiccup between your computer and Thorn's server that will cause problems. On my machines, the screensaver erases all unsent PMs and post to the Forum, so I have taken to composing offline in Notepad, then cutting and pasting it to the Forum's "Compose" box.

If photos are too large, they won't make the trip and will take the text portion of the post down as well. For this reason, it is a good idea to resize and limit posts to no more than about 800K each maximum to ensure they transfer.

I didn't take them down.  :D  I'd suggest trying again. If you still have problems, PM me and I'll look into it in more detail.

Oh dear, i think it must have been me; I never checked the size of the photos. I bet that's what did it. Valuable lesson learned. Thanks Dan.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version