Author Topic: Nomad II S&S Coupling, Surly front rack all panniers - Complete expedition setup  (Read 3125 times)

Craig R

Make me a serious offer and the complete expedition set up is yours, perfect for the gap year or life on the road.

Thorn Nomad 590L S&S coupling, Rohloff Expedition Bike in Classic Matt Black.
I bought this bike two years ago with the plan of long distance touring but a recent shoulder op means I have to curb my appetite to light day trips now. My two trips were a couple of 200 mile two/three nights away - big deal!

ebay listing: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202324753881

Here's what she's got:
Full expedition kit;
THORN Rear pannier massively strong something like 80kg bearing!!
THORN Front pannier Expedition grade standard spec (not fitted as in place there is now a...)
Shop fitted SURLY v2 front pannier rack with storage across the wheel too! (this is a month old used once cost £100)
SON28 hub running the light sensing headlight or other USB outlet if you wanted to.
RIGIDA Andra 30 rims carbide coated with
SCHWALBE Marathon Dureme 26x2.0 with under 700 miles on them. Never punctured
ROHLOFF SPEEDHUB 500/14 registered. 700 miles on it.
SHIMANO Deore cranks fitted with SHIMANO PD-A530 SPD single sided touring pedals.
THORN extension bar for handlebar bag.
SHIMANO Deore XT Sintered brakes in a  cantilever system.
Areas prone to stone chips have matt clear helicopter tape applied to protect the paintwork.
The frame can be split in half for ease of travelling on planes etc, S&S was factory fitted.

Now here's the other kit that comes with this expedition ready bike:
Carradice SUPER C Range Handle bar bag with quick release
Carradice SUPER C Range Saddle pack with secret safe.
Carradice SUPER C Range rear panniers* Right and Left
Ortleib Back Rollers modified to be front panniers with extra capacity in red fabric finish not the shiny plastic one. Right and Left
Vaude dry bag for thermarest.
Small tool kit with all tools required  in a frame pouch.
A small pump for both presta and tyre valves
Rear multifunction lights
ABUS GRANIT LONDON 53/160HB GOLD Ulock and frame mount.
Oxford Plus bike computer (wired and calibrated)
A Clickstand sidestand to safeguard your manufactures frame warranty.
And handbrakes.

If you aren't familiar with Carradice check them out their kit is phenomenal! Very tough, waterproof, repairable, bomb proof with HUGE capacity.

* The Super C Rear Panniers are tough and ready to be used in any weather. They have a long pedigree as expedition panniers and have been tested and refined after exposure in the harshest environments around the world. The generous capacity will carry the bulk of your kit and the waterproof but breathable cotton duck will keep your belongings safe, dry and fresh. The patented Quick-Clip system allows secure but easy on and off fixing to the bike.

Weight (grams): 2236
Capacity: 54 Litre (per pair)
Dimensions: 33 cm wide x 40cm high x 22cm deep
Fixing system: Carradice Quick-clip pannier hooks.
Material: Waxed Cotton Duck

Other features
• Made from 100% waterproof waxed cotton duck
• Handmade in the UK
• Expedition tested
• Two panniers can be fastened together for easy off-the-bike carrying
• Deep lid and drawcord top prevents rain and dust penetration
• Adjustable straps can be used as shoulder straps or for additional loads
• LED Mounting Strap and 3M reflectors for visibility
• Glove friendly quick release buckles
• Large rear pocket for organising your kit

Also when you pick her up I will show you how to take her apart if you haven't done it before (2 mins). And I'll give you end protectors and frame foam. I'll show you how to change the hub oil and give you a kit. All the original receipts and bits are available.
Now if you add all that up its well over £4,500. So let's be serious you know you're looking at a quality piece of kit barely used and upgraded. She's up on marketplace and Thorn forum too so do bid if you want her and all the other kit.
Please contact me if you want to come and have a look SK8. Paypal deposit, balance on collection to make sure you're happy - you will be.

lestat_12345

Ebay listing says that the item has been removed.

humedavid

It's live now.

in4

That is a serious set up, all ready to go too. Six months late for me but never the less a great illustration of a touring set up. I'm getting my gear together but with the 'Weight Demon' sitting on my shoulder at every turn.  At this rate the bike will be carefully loaded and I shall be down to a  Borat like Mankini!