Community > Muppets Threads! (And Anything Else)

Yikes. Isn't it strange

(1/3) > >>

Matt2matt2002:
Spending a few days in Lanzarote watching my son-in-law do a triathlon.
Hired a bike for a 15 mile loop of geocashing.
Yikes! After 6+ years on a Rohloff it was a very strange experience fiddling about with levers and gears.
After 14.5 miles (& 3 geocashes) I had finally got the hang of things but can't wait to get back to my twist shifter and faithful Rohloff.
Made me appreciate internal gearing and how lucky I am to ride a Thorn Raven.

Do folk really enjoy all those gizmos and cogs?

jags:
yip it's what you call real cycling ;)
i bet you seen feck all rohloff hubs on the tri boys bikes ;D ;D

anto.

PH:

--- Quote from: jags on May 26, 2018, 11:04:53 pm ---i bet you seen feck all rohloff hubs on the tri boys bikes ;D ;D
anto.

--- End quote ---
Yep, but you don't see many Rohloff riders getting of, leaving the bike behind and running ;)
What's that all about, they've got a bike, why not use it?  You're bound to win...

Danneaux:

--- Quote ---Yep, but you don't see many Rohloff riders getting of, leaving the bike behind and running ;)
What's that all about, they've got a bike, why not use it?  You're bound to win...
--- End quote ---
;D  Brilliant, Paul!  ;D

All the best,

Dan.

David Simpson:

--- Quote from: PH on May 26, 2018, 11:33:01 pm ---
--- Quote from: jags on May 26, 2018, 11:04:53 pm ---i bet you seen feck all rohloff hubs on the tri boys bikes ;D ;D
anto.

--- End quote ---
Yep, but you don't see many Rohloff riders getting of, leaving the bike behind and running ;)

--- End quote ---

Except for that swimming part. You are not supposed to submerge a Rohloff, so it make more sense to take a derailleur bike on the swimming stage.

- DaveS

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version