Author Topic: The normative case of pre-loved Rohloff pricing  (Read 8017 times)

Bill

Re: The normative case of pre-loved Rohloff pricing
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2018, 12:59:02 am »
John , back in the old days, for a three day weekend, we used to drive down to St. Mary, arrive about noon and commence a three day tour, St. Mary's to Marias Pass, to West Glacier and then up very early in the morning to ride up the west side of Logan Pass before the road closure, then down to St. Mary.

I've never done it with a Rohloff bike, but that is a good thought, I should try it!

The newest Rohloff doesn't have a bike yet, so I think it will be next year before it hits the pavement.

Bill

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2018, 07:05:57 pm »
Back to the subject of pre-loved Rohloff hubs, I encountered an Instagram post, where a cyclist mentions that her new bike
has Cass Gilbert's old Rohloff installed on it. That hub must have an awful lot of kilometres on it, and if it could talk...

I can already tell this bike’s got spirit since it is getting passed along to me complete with an overhauled #Rohloff hub from @whileoutriding and a swank new @porcelainrocket framebag. Excited to get this #adventurewagon out on the road.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkGaZqRB9kO/?hl=en&taken-by=whitneyft

John Saxby

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2018, 09:05:31 pm »
I've never done it with a Rohloff bike, but that is a good thought, I should try it!

Be a good ride for sure, Bill.  Have to say that I found the E-to-W ride over Logan Pass to be superb, on my 2016 ride through the Rockies & Cascadia. The westward descent is stunningly beautiful, and going down, I remember thinking that it would be a very long climb from the western side...