Author Topic: My Nomad  (Read 4759 times)

Inbred

My Nomad
« on: May 10, 2018, 07:58:47 pm »
I've had this little beaut' for a couple of years now but never got round to posting photos.
Hope you like them ☺️
The first one is next to some very appropriate graffiti, in a local subway.
The second is of a true piece of British art, next to some old rusty statue 😉
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 09:07:06 am by Inbred »

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: My Nomad
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 09:15:13 pm »
The first one is next to some very appropriate graffiti, in a local subway.
Very much so!  ;D

Lovely bike, In'! Thanks for sharing.

Best,

Dan.

mickeg

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 12:38:24 am »
Sometimes on this website images that have more pixels than my monitor do post right.  If anyone else has trouble seeing the images in their browser, try these links instead:
http://thorncyclesforum.co.uk/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=12917.0;attach=15637;image
http://thorncyclesforum.co.uk/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=12917.0;attach=15639;image

David Simpson

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 12:43:24 am »
Thanks, George.

Another way to view large images is to right-click on the image (click the right mouse button), then select "Open Link in a New Tab" or "Open Link in a New Window" from the pop-up menu. That's for Microsoft Windows, at least. It should be something similar on a Mac.

When you are viewing a large image in your browser, you can click on it (regular left click) to switch between "actual image size" and "fit image to the window".

- DaveS
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 12:57:13 am by David Simpson »

PH

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 01:02:00 am »
Very nice, have you been Nomading anywhere interesting on it?  Other than that rusty statue (Which I really like)
I've always liked the no nonsense look of the Nomad, including the graphics, though they've changed over the years. I was attracted to the derailleur version before Thorn's Rohloff days, it would probably have been the wrong bike for me, but it didn't stop me wanting one. A friend has had one for maybe twenty years, still going strong and in weekly use.
Thanks mickeg for the photo thing, you'd think the software would handle the resizing.

mickeg

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2018, 03:27:57 am »
Doing things like Right Clicking on something has different choices in different browsers, so I tried to list a generic solution that should work with any browser.

Each browser handles things differently, I generally use Opera.  But I sometimes use Firefox or Chrome, all on Windows 10 or Android 6 or 7. 

I usually use a 16 megapixel camera, sometimes 12 and on rare occasion something much less (like my very cheap smartphone with low resolution camera).  When I post photos on this website, usually I photo-reduced the photos to be 20 percent of original size using the "resize" option in Microsoft Office Picture Manager, but sometimes use a slightly larger percentage depending on the size of the original photo.  Thus, my photos should fit on almost everybody's monitors.

Inbred

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2018, 09:06:30 am »
Sorry about the picture size.
I've resized them now, so they should be OK  ;)

Inbred

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2018, 09:09:29 am »
Very much so!  ;D

Lovely bike, In'! Thanks for sharing.

Best,

Dan.

Thanks Dan, glad you liked them  :D

Inbred

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2018, 09:17:07 am »
Very nice, have you been Nomading anywhere interesting on it?  Other than that rusty statue (Which I really like)
I've always liked the no nonsense look of the Nomad, including the graphics, though they've changed over the years. I was attracted to the derailleur version before Thorn's Rohloff days, it would probably have been the wrong bike for me, but it didn't stop me wanting one. A friend has had one for maybe twenty years, still going strong and in weekly use.
Thanks mickeg for the photo thing, you'd think the software would handle the resizing.

To be completely honest, the Nomad probably isn't my "ideal" bike, but I love it and the Rohloff gears so much. I just try to ignore the massive weight! Anyway, my racing days are long gone (Thankfully), so now I'd rather slow it down and enjoy the ride.
I can actually see it being my "bike for life"...maybe  ;)

I haven't actually used it for touring. Just local day rides and general keep fit stuff. I'm lucky enough to live just a few miles from The Angel of The North (I actually really love it too), so I can venture out into Northumberland, the North east Coast and the North Pennines and still be home for tea!

Matt2matt2002

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2018, 01:45:26 pm »
Excellent pictures
Many thanks for sharing

A Raven man myself but I can see the beauty in a Nomad.

The lighter weight makes my Raven a go anywhere beast.
I've done a few long tours abroad as well as buzzing around Aberdeenshire for geocashing.

I usually wave the flag for Chaingliders. Have you ever considered one? I'm always interested to hear folks views on them.

Once again, lovely bike. Thanks.
Never drink and drive. You may hit a bump  and spill your drink

Inbred

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2018, 08:14:47 pm »
Excellent pictures
Many thanks for sharing

A Raven man myself but I can see the beauty in a Nomad.

The lighter weight makes my Raven a go anywhere beast.
I've done a few long tours abroad as well as buzzing around Aberdeenshire for geocashing.
Y
I usually wave the flag for Chaingliders. Have you ever considered one? I'm always interested to hear folks views on them.

Once again, lovely bike. Thanks.

Glad you liked it.
I must admit, I'd like yo try a Raven, just to see the difference between the two.
I've considered getting a Chainglider, mainly to make wearing trousers a bit less hazardous, but was a bit unsure about them.
This fella seems to be a fan of them:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3SUq1EO68h8