Author Topic: Tingly feet  (Read 11389 times)

aliingi

Tingly feet
« on: January 01, 2004, 06:34:06 am »
Does anyone have any idea why I get a tingly left foot after an hour or so of cycling?  Tingling and numbness worsens until my foot feels like it is on fire and I have to stop and walk around a bit.  Have tried loosening my shoes but it still happens.  Any suggestions on cures???

Istanbul_Tea

Re: Tingly feet
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2004, 10:38:04 pm »
Sounds like a saddle problem... you're probably pinching a nerve in your crotch area.  Are you wearing riding shorts or pants with a chamois?  What kind of saddle are you using?

Also, is your bike frame too big for you/or are your cranks too long/short?

aliingi

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2004, 06:23:35 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Istanbul_Tea

Sounds like a saddle problem... you're probably pinching a nerve in your crotch area.  Are you wearing riding shorts or pants with a chamois?  What kind of saddle are you using?
Yes am weasing cycling short with a chamois.  The saddle is a Terrys Lady liberator with a gel cover.
Also, is your bike frame too big for you/or are your cranks too long/short?

Bike is pretty well set up for me.  I have standard length cranks.  Now that I've changed my handle bars setting tingly feet are not so bad.  More of a crumping up of my lower back and coccyx ache.  Thanks for your email and thoughts.

Yankee

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2004, 05:36:15 pm »
I do not know how long you have been cycling, so forgive me if my suggestion is condescending.  Are you putting the soles of your feet on the peddles, because you should be putting the balls of your feet on the peddles?  This could be causing your feet to get cramped up or tingly.

epa611

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2004, 06:13:57 pm »
Shoes too tight?  Try loosening the offending side and see if it makes a difference.