Author Topic: Thorn Raven Tour frame + forks 587L Now Sold  (Read 5284 times)

sweats

Thorn Raven Tour frame + forks 587L Now Sold
« on: May 02, 2018, 09:21:01 pm »
Thorn Raven Tour frame 587L + forks. Unusual frame with very conical downtube. Good condition with no dings. A few marks to the paint as pictured. There is a small mark in the paint on the top tube where a childs seat was fitted. This could easily be touched up. I will include some colour matched paint. Comes with alloy eccentric + bottom bracket + FSA headset + stainless bolt set. I may be able to provide a few other parts if required. Looking for £190.00 ono posted or buyer can collect from North Cornwall or Poole with reduction in price.
Pictures are here:-
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmgq8RVY
Message me for more info or pictures.
Thanks for looking
Chris :D
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 08:49:13 pm by sweats »

Skitch

Re: Thorn Raven Tour frame + forks 587L
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 04:53:20 pm »
Hi. Is the frame sill for sale? As this sound like the size of frame I’m looking for. Could you tell me if the frame is Thorn 969 tubing or is it the lighter Reynolds 853 ? If you could post a photo of the tubing type confirming whichever that would be great.
Kind Regards
Skitch

sweats

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 08:42:59 pm »
Hi Skitch
Frame is made from Thorn 969 tubing. Unusually the tubing sticker is on the underside of the downtube. I have added an extra picture to the flickr link which shows the sticker. The frame is in used condition with a few marks which are difficult to show on the photos but it is very presentable and would come up nicely with a polish.
Chris

sweats

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 08:45:51 pm »
Here is a link to the Thorn brochure for the Raven Tour:-
http://thorncyclesforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=6975.0
 :)

geocycle

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 01:45:32 pm »
Interesting frame Sweats.  I've not seen a RT like that with that downtube or decals.  is it a relatively recent model?  The forks look more familiar and the braze-ons and drop outs look like those I'm used to. Good luck with the sale!

sweats

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 09:22:51 pm »
Yes it's an unusual frame. It has an oversize downtube which is very conical at the steerer. It has a tiny Thorn decal on the front of the steerer and the tubing decal is on the underside of the down tube. It looks understated and rather classy! Forks are the normal Raven Tour forks. I am uncertain as to the year of manufacture. I'm sure someone on here can probably come up with some more info?

geocycle

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 09:51:05 pm »
Yes it's an unusual frame. It has an oversize downtube which is very conical at the steerer. It has a tiny Thorn decal on the front of the steerer and the tubing decal is on the underside of the down tube. It looks understated and rather classy! Forks are the normal Raven Tour forks. I am uncertain as to the year of manufacture. I'm sure someone on here can probably come up with some more info?

Yes it looks interesting with classy decals. Is it simply a new raven frame, ie the model that replaced the tour and sport tour? I’ve not inspected these closely.

sweats

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 11:00:27 pm »
No it predates the new Raven frame.

sweats

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2018, 08:48:58 pm »
Frame now sold. Thanks for all the interest :)