Author Topic: New shoes/boots  (Read 9022 times)

jags

Re: New shoes/boots
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2018, 04:00:44 pm »
like the look of them PH and a great price.
but a fella would need to try them on :'(

anto.

bikepacker

• Bikepacker
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2018, 04:05:19 pm »
Have we any walkers in the house.im lookin g to buy a good pair hiking boots that doesn't cost the earth.I use leather steel toecap boots a t the moment time they got fired iver the nearest ditch .my feet are in agony and shin splints are really bad.anyway enough moaning if anyone knows of a good boot please give me a link.may all your spuds be balls of flower if you can sort me out.
Anto.

Hi Anto

Caught up with your post a little late as I have been in London watching daughter Philippa do the marathon.

For a long time I wore Brasher boots but the last pair I brought about 10 years ago I could not get on with. After talking to a few long distance walkers at the Backpackers AGM I decided to get a pair of Merrells just like these: https://www.gaynors.co.uk/footwear-c119/mens-c121/boots-c126/merrell-mens-moab-2-mid-gtx-p3779/s15748?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=merrell-mens-moab-2-mid-gtx-size-10-colour-black-size-10-colour-black-010101670006blk010&utm_campaign=product%2Blisting%2Bads&gclid=CjwKCAjwq_vWBRACEiwAEReprIUPTc6Avv2UWuvRV5LEo-UIGYn4h7lRQho7TogNV86CxoOCa8lTkBoC0k4QAvD_BwE

I have walked many miles in them including the very tough Eiger Trail. Comfortable for day one and feet feel very cool. You can get some good deals on them at the moment, well within your budget.

If you want to be happy learn to be alone without being lonely.
If you want to enjoy the world see it from the saddle of a bike.
If you want to experience beauty camp alone in a spectacular place.
If you want release your anxieties cease excuses and take actions.

jags

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2018, 11:20:28 pm »
They look good Alan thanks for that.
If I get the money im owed this week I'll hit the stores here in town if I can't get anything I'll take a chance ordering on line.no fun walking when sh i n splints hit. :'(.im away to me cot.cheers alan talk later.
Anto.

jags

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2018, 02:00:50 pm »
well new walking shoes bought yesterday Grisport  130 yo yo's .
tryed them out this morning 7 miles no shinsplints thank god but still sore feet, hopefully after a few more walks i'll be fine.
the shoes are well built for sure  i never paid as much for shoes in me life i must be getting soft in the head. :'(

Anto.

Neil Jones

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2018, 11:36:18 pm »
Glad to hear that you got your new boots Anto. New boots are a bit like a new saddle in that they usually take a few walks to feel really comfortable, hopefully yours will feel like slippers after you've put a few miles in. Take as much care of them as I know you do with your bikes and they'll look after you.

Happy walking,
Neil

jags

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2018, 12:26:22 pm »
cheers Neil im just back from a short walk  crippled  :'( :'(
not much choice but to keep at it electric feet weren't invented yet.

Anto.

bikepacker

• Bikepacker
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2018, 09:56:29 am »
cheers Neil im just back from a short walk  crippled  :'( :'(
not much choice but to keep at it electric feet weren't invented yet.

Anto.

Try walking in just liner socks on their own until boots get supple. I use them for all my summer walking as they keep feet cooler and dryer than the heavier walking socks. Drier feet often mean less blisters and sore spots.

Come over for Rich's do and we could do some walking on The Ridgeway or on The Malvern Hills. You could fly if you don't bring your bike and I could pick you up from Birmingham or Bristol whichever give the cheapest flight.
If you want to be happy learn to be alone without being lonely.
If you want to enjoy the world see it from the saddle of a bike.
If you want to experience beauty camp alone in a spectacular place.
If you want release your anxieties cease excuses and take actions.

jags

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2018, 11:44:36 am »
Never thought of that Alan,
ill hunt out light socks now ,i doubt very much i'll make Rich party im in to much feckin pain slowly falling apart  ;D ;D.
thanks for asking tho.

Anto.