Author Topic: Nomad Mk2 Wanted  (Read 4002 times)

Dakar

Nomad Mk2 Wanted
« on: April 26, 2018, 10:55:35 am »
Hi

As its says, looking for a 590L or 590M...not in any great hurry, its really for later in the year / next.
Would consider other sizes, but would depend on the price, as i'd have to replace the frame...
Might consider a Raven of a similar size...

There was a Raven on E-bay recently (nice and clean), but wrong size.. replacing the frame would have brought the overall price too close to a new one... hey ho

If you have anything gathering dust. let me know :)

Cheers
Dave
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 12:39:58 pm by Dakar »

Dakar

Re: Nomad Mk2 Wanted
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 03:25:54 pm »
Updated the size... based on info from the very helpful guys in Thorn.. :)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 08:02:46 pm by Dakar »

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 06:16:51 pm »
Welcome, Dave, and all good wishes in your search.

I'm very pleased with my Nomad 590M outfitted with compact-reach drop handlebars and a short (60mm) stem. I was on the bubble between a 565 and 590, but selected the larger size as it left less seatpost showing and the other dimensions worked better. No regrets for what has proven to be a terrific bike for me. For what it's worth, I was able to ride an older 587S Raven Tour with no problem. Equipped the same way, all "hard points" were within about 1mm of my 590M Nomad, but it lacked the load-carrying capacity of my Nomad, needed for my self-supported expediton tours (mostly for carrying lots of water).

Best,

Dan.

Dakar

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 08:06:24 pm »
Dan,
Thanks for the welcome and the heads up.. I think the nomad is the bike for me. If nothing comes second hand, I'll just have to bit the bullet, and go new 👍🙂