Author Topic: Shall I sell my Nomad?  (Read 7039 times)

Inbred

Re: Shall I sell my Nomad?
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2018, 09:38:14 am »
Five years from now, when you look back at the decision you are about to make, will you be happy with your decision or will you be angry with yourself for your decision?  Think about that for a few days and then decide.

That’s exactly what I’ve been thinking for weeks and I still haven’t decided!
It's taking up space, and although it won't need much maintenance you should still do the annual oil change and pump up the tyres from time to time.

So if you're not using it and have no intention of using it, better to sell. An avantage of Thorn Rohloff-equipped bikes is that they hold their value fairly well, so you shouldn't lose too much financially.

If you do decide to go on a world tour in 5-10 years time, you could buy a Nomad then (assuming Thorn are still in business).

That’s what I was thinking. The most ambitious thing I have planned is the C2C. The Nomad is actually quite unsuitable for that! The Cannondale is probably a bit much for that too, to be honest!

energyman

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2018, 09:57:08 am »
I did the Way of the Roses on my RST.  It was Ideal.

Inbred

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2018, 02:06:54 pm »

Isn’t the RST much lighter than the Nomad?
There’s definitely nothing sporty about mine😆

ridgeback63

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2018, 09:12:31 pm »
I was close to buying a Nomad,but I let my head rule my heart this time and got a Raven instead,and later an Audax,I much prefer riding the Raven,it's a great compromise,I will never go on a world tour but I've had a few good trips on the Raven and IMHO the perfect bike for what I need.

Inbred

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2018, 11:11:27 pm »
I was close to buying a Nomad,but I let my head rule my heart this time and got a Raven instead,and later an Audax,I much prefer riding the Raven,it's a great compromise,I will never go on a world tour but I've had a few good trips on the Raven and IMHO the perfect bike for what I need.

You can buy mine if you still fancy one 😉

mickeg

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2018, 06:19:48 pm »

Isn’t the RST much lighter than the Nomad?
There’s definitely nothing sporty about mine😆

I do not know what the various Raven models weigh, but my Nomad is a pretty heavy bike.

My Nomad is about 4kg heavier than my Sherpa.  The Sherpa is similar to the Raven, but the Sherpa has dérailleur gearing.  And the Sherpa is robust enough to carry a lot of camping gear and still handle well.

ridgeback63

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2018, 09:31:29 pm »

You can buy mine if you still fancy one 😉

Thanks my friend but I would have gone for a 565L,good luck with the sale if you do decide to sell