Author Topic: Nomad 565 £36,000. it's back!  (Read 3309 times)

David Simpson

Re: Nomad 565 £36,000. it's back!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 10:12:26 pm »
Not mine ;)

For only £1000 (alleged buy-it-now price), it could be yours. Or not.

- DaveS

Matt2matt2002

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 11:47:51 pm »
Darn it. Missed it. I was going to ask if he had a second one so I could buy 2.
😊
Never drink and drive. You may hit a bump  and spill your drink

Andre Jute

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 11:58:28 pm »
Darn it. Missed it. I was going to ask if he had a second one so I could buy 2.
😊

Seems more likely that someone dobbed him in. Ebay reports "This listing (**********) has been removed, or this item isn't available." That's not the same as "Bidding has ended" or "Item was sold."

David Simpson

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 12:15:27 am »
Seems more likely that someone dobbed him in.

I don't know what the verb "dob" means, but I hope it involves wooden clubs and pointy sticks.

- DaveS

mickeg

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2018, 12:26:59 am »
I regularly check the USA Ebay site, but not the UK site.  I no longer bother to mention it on this forum, but whenever I see it I report it to Ebay.  Last time I did that was only a few days ago, I usually check at about midnight in UK timezone but usually only check on weekdays.

But usually all I find is a pair of boots:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOMAD-Rubber-Cowgirl-Boots-SKULLS-ROSES-THORNS-Size-7/123014600997

Andre Jute

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 10:12:26 am »
Seems more likely that someone dobbed him in.

I don't know what the verb "dob" means, but I hope it involves wooden clubs and pointy sticks.

...with turpentine on the pointy end of the stick.

"Dobbing someone in" is slang for reporting his transgressions so that he may be punished.

I learned it in Australia, where I had a minor connection to a dictionary of the slanguage. For years, until I was corrected, I thought "Ratshit!" was a piece of Australian slang, but actually it was just a harsh pronunciation of "wretched". I also though "mekelpie" was a separate breed of dog, because so many farmers refused to speak the Queen's English, but it turned out that was "my kelpie", and yes, you guessed right, a kelpie is a New Zealand version of a sheepdog, looks suspiciously like any sheepdog imported from England or Scotland, only slyer.

"Cullen's" is a team or a person without a hope of winning, after a Melbourne men's store called Cullen & Nunn, so rhyming slang. And, since I've had my dinner, a "floater" is Melbourne-particular slang for a meat pie floating in a bowl of green pea soup, which you eat from a filthy street stall after an evening's hard drinking -- with predictable results. I was introduced to those by a Nobel laureate. What he said the next morning, while holding his head, woulda won him another Nobel -- for inventive foul language.

Of course, for cyclists, the greener suburbs of Melbourne had greater dangers, to wit tramlines. Over the years, what with resurfacing of the roads on top of the old roads, those tramlines were sunk below the surface of the road, with a channel on each side of each rail, just wide enough to grab a road bike's narrow front wheel in a grip that was unidirectional towards a faceplant. Those in Toorak, where the prettiest girls lived, caught me out every time, though I had learned to negotiate, perpendicularly, every time, those which literally boxed in the St Vincent Place, the square on which I lived in Albert Park.