Community > Cycle Tours

Middlesbrough to Melbourne

(1/7) > >>

mike61yorkie:
Hi everyone
I set off from Middlesbrough, England on the 7th March 2018 with the plan to cycle to Australia!  I’m a total newbie to the world of cycle touring and will be making plenty of mistakes along the way, but hopefully having plenty of fun.
I purchased a Thorn Nomad for the trip and after only a hundred miles I’m congratulating myself for choosing such a brilliant bike. I know it’s a bit of a tank, but it just ‘feels ‘ so capable and nothing will stop it!
I’m not particularly very techno/social media savvy, so my daughter has set up a Facebook page ‘Where’s Dools?’ , where I will post regular updates along the way.
I’m looking forward to being part of the Thorn community, so any tips and advice would be greatly welcomed .   Cheers Mike

Repeat:
Great stuff - living the dream (or at least my dream). What route are you planning on taking?

PH:
Sounds like a great trip, but I can't find the facebook page (Though that may be my lack of social media savvy...)

jags:
well fair play to you that's gonna be some adventure way beyond anything i'd do on a bike  8)

advice have a blast dont come home with a pocket full of money  ;)

anto. .

Danneaux:

--- Quote ---I’m looking forward to being part of the Thorn community, so any tips and advice would be greatly welcomed
--- End quote ---
We're surely glad to have you, Mike; welcome aboard!

Folks here are good about helping with questions, and don't forget the archives! Many topics have been covered before, so using the Forum search function may provide answers even more quickly than floating a question. These tips may prove helpful:
http://thorncyclesforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=4390.0

Take care and happy times on your big tour.

Best,

Dan.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version