Author Topic: Bar bags anyone?  (Read 10382 times)

StuntPilot

• Tour on a Bike
Re: Bar bags anyone?
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2018, 10:03:06 am »
I purchased the Ortlieb Ultimate 6 L Plus a couple of years ago and have found it a great size and completely waterproof in the most torrential of downpours.

Also, it has a couple of mesh side pockets and does open away from the rider, unlike the compact version in the picture above. It has a nifty magnetic closure system using magnets which works well. Comes with a lock and key which I have found comforting when nipping into a shop for a couple of minutes but usually I take the handlebar bag everywhere with me.

https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/luggage/ortlieb-ultimate-6-l-plus-bar-bag-granite-back-85-litre/

This latest Ortlieb bag is a big improvement on previous models so worth considering too.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 10:05:26 am by StuntPilot »

PH

Re: Bar bags anyone?
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2018, 08:19:33 pm »
I've recently changed bikes and haven't yet fitted the bag, haven't yet used it to tour, like others I dislike the aesthetics of the bracket with no bag on it.
Well, having now done a short tour without it, it's going straight back on, sod the aesthetics ;)
I really missed it, I took less photos because of the faff of stopping and getting the camera out, plus missed somewhere handy for snacks.  I don't know what I was thinking leaving it off...