Author Topic: Carradice Shopper  (Read 26000 times)

sd

Re: Carradice Shopper
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2018, 11:07:37 am »
It looks like parcel force has also let me down cant think why! For some reason sjs sent my astonishingly cheap Carradice shoppers 24 hour delivery. Two days late. Just checked there in Lincoln... getting closer!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 11:15:37 am by sd »

sd

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2018, 11:23:00 am »
I put my Shopper bag on my Nomad today and rode out to fetch some root beer - a dozen 12 oz bottles and then a big bag of coffee beans that had a good price. Maybe 15 pounds hanging off one side of the bike, so a significant imbalance. I like to ride no hands a bit out on the country roads, to stretch my shoulders and get the blood moving around. I found it pretty much as easy with the loaded Shopper as without. Bicycle dynamics is quite a mystery!

https://www.strava.com/activities/1430790383
the same except for mounting and unmounting. I am thinking about a step through to deal with that. I find the front wheel goes up if I am heavily laden at the rear.

jags

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2018, 12:00:04 pm »
i never found it a problem front wheel lifting when i carry loaded rear panniers  ,
mind you i'd safely say the barbag is a big help keeping the front rubber on the tarmac.

i ordered speaker stands over a week ago on  amazon there still in the uk. feckin snow holds everything up.

anto.

macspud

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2018, 01:16:19 am »
"I spent a week in Amsterdam last month, where shopping by bike is considered far more normal than here in the UK.  Out of the many bikes I saw carrying shopping I doubt one of them had expensive panniers, indeed it was more common to see people carrying musical instruments"
So in Amsterdam they are more likely to be transporting musical instruments by bike than shopping?

Oh, I thought PH meant, "you are more likely to see people carrying musical instruments than using expensive panniers to carry shopping."  :)

"You don't have to attend every argument you're invited to", love it, class, as anto'd say. Lol.
No she meant there were more people carrying musical instruments than shopping,  as she didn't think anyone used expensive panniers Or to be more precise that's what she wrote. Anyway I used a question mark.

It was exactly because of your use of a question mark, that I wrote what I had comprehended - rightly or wrongly - from what he, PH, wrote.

PH

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2018, 02:24:05 am »
It was exactly because of your use of a question mark, that I wrote what I had comprehended - rightly or wrongly - from what he, PH, wrote.
Well rightly, I'm surprised anyone could misread that sentence.  Though being misunderstood is a minor problem compared to having my gender changed :o :o

sd

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2018, 11:07:39 am »
Would you believe it Parcel force Sunday delivery. Although the parcel is 4 days late!!

jags

« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2018, 09:03:09 pm »
as long as you got it ;)

sd

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2018, 01:37:38 pm »
The shoppers are nice square bags compared to my old one! Look quite tidy. New quick clips excellent. Surprised how comfortable they were as courier bags and using the handles is far more comfortable compared with the normal rear super c. Will miss the rear pocket and clip to attach an extra rear light. Hold lots of foraged firewood. Would make excellent tourer bags better than standard rear super c.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 01:46:27 pm by sd »

sd

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2018, 01:56:07 pm »
Note the front pannier rack. This is a low loader my second hand front super c fit nicely and the bike when loaded feels very stable. But I may want to use my old super c rear panniers but they would be to low. Any one recommended a front rack/s that would take rear super c panniers? Preferably one that would take a stand as well.

PH

sd

« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2018, 09:45:20 pm »
Other than the Surly and Blackburn not much available for high bag front rack. Surly is mighty heavy, although I am definitely not weight weeny. I can't even work out how the Blackburn attaches. I can see the lower attachment point not the higher one. Also it is aluminum not keen on aluminium.

ebgt

« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2018, 10:09:08 pm »
Much appreciate all the suggestions folks. Good to know there are options out there. Will check everything out!  :)

sd

« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2018, 09:45:18 am »
https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/carriers-racks/black-surly-nice-20-cro-mo-front-rack/
Got it (the Surly) fancied the Blackburn but looks like it uses the skewer to attach the rack. https://winstanleysbikes.co.uk/accessories/luggage/pannier-racks/surly-nice-rack-v2-front-pannier-rack
£98.99 a fair bit cheaper than sjs and tenner cheaper than anyone else. Looks identical to SJS version but use a different name. Pity about the weight. Will fit it to my Santos Travelmaster. Replace tyres with some nobby nics AND remove the dutch lock. Pity love dutch lock but in clay mud the back wheel locks solid. I assume the nobby nics will fit with mudgaurds on as big apples fit okay.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 09:49:04 am by sd »