Author Topic: Carradice Shopper  (Read 25998 times)

sd

Carradice Shopper
« on: February 26, 2018, 11:10:23 am »
Anyone tried them? Very tempted. If I did I would have two. Thinking of buying one just try them out. I doubt that my heel would catch them on my Santos not sure with my Thorn tourer.

https://www.carradice.co.uk/bags/panniers/super-c-shopper-pannier

jags

Re: Carradice Shopper
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 11:29:30 am »
get a pair balance your ride ,there cool bags last a lifetime.
 8) 8)

sd

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 11:41:36 am »
I have super c rear and just bought a pair of second hand front of eBay (in the post) but tempted to put the old rear C panniers on electric bike. I use it for pulling the trailer normally for the dog, firewood etc. There is a pair of front carradrys on it but I don't think much of them. Crap to be honest.

Donerol

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 12:38:21 pm »
I have a Super C Shopper, bought 2nd hand about four years ago - I've used it regularly (1-2 times a week) ever since. I can definitely recommend it; the roll-top design swallows a good load, it's comfortable to carry off the bike, and it is easy to put it on and off the bike.  I haven't had a problem with heel strike but the bike is either a Raven Tour or another tourer, and my feet are relatively small (size 5 / 38).  There is quite a lot of adjustment in the carrier hooks and the bottom retaining hook.

I only have one so if I'm doing a large shop I pair it with a Super C rear pannier which I also have (my husband and I share a pair). It doesn't hold as much but I like the rear pocket for holding my wallet, keys and specs.

sd

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 02:35:46 pm »
I only have one so if I'm doing a large shop I pair it with a Super C rear pannier which I also have (my husband and I share a pair). It doesn't hold as much but I like the rear pocket for holding my wallet, keys and specs.
Yeah I use one rear pocket for phone wallet keys etc and the other one has the dogs used pooh bags in. Need to consider the latter. Although the mesh side pocket will make them more visible. Often forget to take them out.

PH

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 03:04:10 pm »
£140 a pair, good grief, I'd want a lifetimes shopping delivered for that.
I'm lucky that I get to walk to most of the shops I use, when I ride to the farm shop I like to put the fruit and veg straight into the bag to save on disposable packaging, IMO the wipe clean Ortliebs are better for this.

sd

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2018, 06:47:41 pm »
£140 a pair, good grief, I'd want a lifetimes shopping delivered for that.
I'm lucky that I get to walk to most of the shops I use, when I ride to the farm shop I like to put the fruit and veg straight into the bag to save on disposable packaging, IMO the wipe clean Ortliebs are better for this.
£112.98 delivered from sjs. I have pair of the small carradice carradrys which are the equivalents to the ortliebs and if you talking about wiping the inside clean then they are no better than the cotton duck. They will of course last a lifetime unlike the ortliebs. By the way how much are the ortilebs?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 08:31:25 pm by sd »

jags

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2018, 08:46:26 pm »
SD what about Carradice longflap ,a fella would get half the supermarket in one of those bags. ;)
sorry not much help ,my wife does all the shopping in the car .
she wont allow me to go shopping with her i can't for the life of me figure out why. ::)

anto.

sd

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2018, 08:47:32 pm »
Damn I bought them. SJS. Would have bided my time and got them off eBay eventually. None available and completed listing only had one (factory second) which went for £55.50. £56.50 each from sjs ......bargain!!

sd

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2018, 08:49:39 pm »
SD what about Carradice longflap ,a fella would get half the supermarket in one of those bags. ;)
sorry not much help ,my wife does all the shopping in the car .
she wont allow me to go shopping with her i can't for the life of me figure out why. ::)

anto.
Never tried a saddle bag put off due to lights on seat post.

jags

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2018, 09:01:12 pm »
there pretty good i have barley and longflap ,the longflap is very good barley to small.
anyway if your set on the shopper go for it.

anto.

energyman

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2018, 09:15:46 pm »
Load 'em up and then get an e-bike to get you home ;)

jags

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2018, 10:14:28 pm »
what ebike have .

JimK

• Interdependent Science
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2018, 03:21:50 am »
I have a single shopper and use it quite a lot. One thing it has that the regular SuperC panniers don't is a shoulder strap so it's easy to lug around off the bike.

sd

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2018, 02:06:57 pm »
there pretty good i have barley and longflap ,the longflap is very good barley to small.
anyway if your set on the shopper go for it.

anto.
Bought 2 see above. From good old sjs. Worked out at £56.50 each. EBay second £55.50 rarely available on eBay. I will have them full of sticks/ firewood same day they arrive.