Author Topic: Club Tour in winter  (Read 3104 times)

JMF

Club Tour in winter
« on: February 19, 2018, 03:13:22 pm »
Hi, first time poster longtime lurker.

I bought my CT when i lived in the UK and used it frequently, although not exactly on a daily basis. Now we've moved to Sweden and the bike sees a lot more use. I splurged on a pair of Schwalbe studded winter tyres, which so far has helped to keep me upright despite some treacherous conditions.

It's a great bike for my commute of about 20km round trip and i can't see myself ever needing another one. That said, i am enviously eyeing the Mercurys found here!

/JMF

PH

Re: Club Tour in winter
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 03:36:06 pm »
Looks a great bike, traditional tourers are just so versatile. 
Was it always straight bar?  I just wonder why someone would chose cantis instead of V brakes if not using STIs on drops.

martinf

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 07:50:49 pm »
I just wonder why someone would chose cantis instead of V brakes if not using STIs on drops.

I have cantilevers on most of my older bikes and V brakes on my recent Thorns. Both these types of rim brake work well for me, but I prefer cantilevers.

jags

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 08:16:09 pm »
i like it but man you need to clean that chain and change gear a tad better, to much stretch in that rear mech. :'(
other than that lovely bike  have fun in all that snow,

anto.

David Simpson

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 11:38:13 pm »
Welcome to the forum! Thanks for posting a photo of your bike.

It's a great bike for my commute of about 20km round trip and i can't see myself ever needing another one. That said, i am enviously eyeing the Mercurys found here!

Welcome to the club. :)

- DaveS

leftpoole

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 12:23:23 pm »
Hello,
Drop bars myself but that is a nice looking bike. Its the same colour as mine also.
John