Community > Rohloff Internal Hub Gears

Gear shifting stuck after tyre change - help please.

(1/2) > >>

swayzak:
Hello

The shifter won't move out of 14th following a tyre change.

The part at the end of the cable (which attaches to the external shifter box) rotates ok when I turn the gear selector, but nothings happens when I connect to box.

Can someone advise please ?

Thanks

Donerol:
With a Rohloff you need to remember to set the gear to either 1 or 14 before you remove the wheel. Then when you connect the cables up again it is easy to do it correctly, at least it is with the internal cables that I have - I don't know about the Ex-box. You may have to use a spanner to shift the gear to 14 before re-connecting your cables.

Sorry, I realise that's not much help, but I wanted to reassure you that you won't have damaged anything. Someone will be along soon to give you more useful advice.

swayzak:
Taken it to bike shop to be looked at (only chance I had to drop it off there).

Probably something daft I did when rushing to take wheel off (but I'm sure it was in gear 14). Something related to Ex box and/or cable connector..

mickeg:
It is possible that it really is in gear 1, not 14.  If you get on the bike and pedal a few meters, you will know if you are in a really low gear or a really high gear.  If that is the case, disconnect the EX box, turn the shifter to gear 1, reassemble.

If it really is in gear 14, I have no other suggestions.

JimK:
the simplest explanation would be that while you had things apart, the shifter on the handlebar got spun around to 1. If you reconnect with the shifter at 1 and the hub at 14, you will be totally stuck! No big deal, just disconnect the ex box, spin the shifter to 14, and reconnect.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version