Author Topic: any plans lads,  (Read 10205 times)

jags

any plans lads,
« on: January 23, 2018, 02:23:45 pm »
There's a gale of wind blowing to bate the band  ???
i had planned a spin but to dodgy a fella could easily be blown off course ,lovely and warm tho might be a good day for the beach only 15 minutes away always good on a windy day..
anyone got any plans for today tomorrow next week ?.

cheers
Anto.

julk

Re: any plans lads,
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 04:15:51 pm »
Anto,
Sunbathing outside near Edinburgh ;)

I am an optimist...

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 05:53:58 pm »
Pouring here in YewJean Orygun YewEssay at the moment; snow in the forecast for Thursday. Hmm. We'll see. Winter here has been much warmer than normal without a single trace of snow on the Valley floor, just a dusting on the hills 'round town and up in the mountains.

Still plan to get out on the bike later today.

Best,

Dan.

Swislon

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 07:27:45 pm »
Down in Dorchester looking at houses.
Gales forecast tomorrow.

We semi retired last May and finalise transfer of our business at the end of January.
Both girls live and work abroad so time for a new adventure for swislon and Mrs swislon.

It looks like Dorset here we come in a couple of months and goodbye to North Yorkshire.

We will be looking for cycling buddies in near future !!

Steve

Matt2matt2002

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 10:40:41 pm »
"anyone got any plans for today tomorrow next week ?"

You didn't say, next month but if you had I could have mentioned my trip to Ethiopia. Feb 12 - March 13.

Fly from Edinburgh via Istanbul to Addis Ababa.
Cycle North to Lake Tana, one of the two sources of the Nile.

I hope to see hippos and visit a charity that supports local folk operating bee hives.

Salud amor y dinero, y el tiempo para gastarlos.
Never drink and drive. You may hit a bump  and spill your drink

jags

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 11:02:46 pm »
Anto,

I am an optimist...
;D ;D

jags

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 11:10:52 pm »
Good stuff lads hope all your plans go well.didn't forget your tour Matt going to be epic enjoy every pedal stroke buddy stay safe.SteveAlthough england is only beautiful you and you better half deserve some sun so consider south of france spain somewhere warm sunny no feckin rain just saying.Dan are u up to 100mile spins yet.

Anto

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2018, 01:56:29 am »
Dan are u up to 100mile spins yet.
Not yet...too early in the season but close. I've done a number of 62mi/100km, and an 84mi/135km so far.

Managed a quick 45mi/72km today in the rain. The sound of tires hissing on wet pavement is a favorite of mine; nearly getting hit by a truck is not. Three high school kids in a pickup truck decided to drive head-on at me on my side of a residential street, running my up a fortunately placed driveway entry.

Gotta get the new/old Fixie up and running soon to accelerate my training and fitness early in this new year.

All the best,

Dan.

energyman

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2018, 08:42:33 am »
Bit early I know but planning a ride through Wales this summer.  North to south.  Any comments ?

DAntrim

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2018, 09:57:20 am »
Bit early I know but planning a ride through Wales this summer.  North to south.  Any comments ?

I got the train out to Swansea and rode South to North 2 years back, taking in the beacons and the north coast. almost as nice as Scotland. Only one trip planned so far, 4 day ride around Dumfries and Galloway area beginning of May.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 10:04:31 am by DAntrim »

julk

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2018, 01:19:03 pm »
Anto,

I am an optimist...
;D ;D

Anto,
I am currently sunbathing indoors, the very heavy rain went through by noon.
I ventured out on foot and was nearly blown away, it is safer sitting indoors just now.
Julian.

silverdorking

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2018, 02:07:16 pm »

Just wondered whether you were aware of the LonLas cycle long distance cycle route web site below, apologies it's not a link.

https://www.sustrans.org.uk/sites/default/files/images/files/wales/free%20leaflets%20and%20maps/Lon%20Las%20Layout%20FINAL.pdf

Andre Jute

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2018, 04:21:35 pm »
Too cold to vacuum in my study. All the pedalpals are hiding inside, too. Odd, actually, as Monday it was 12C but I was already down to take my wife to lunch, so no cycling.

Matt2matt2002

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2018, 04:30:15 pm »

I got the train out to Swansea and rode South to North 2 years back, taking in the beacons and the north coast. almost as nice as Scotland. Only one trip planned so far, 4 day ride around Dumfries and Galloway area beginning of May.

Dumfries and Galloway is my old stomping ground.
18 years behind the counter of St. John's Town of Dalry local shop.
Near New Galloway.
Plenty of interesting places along the back roads.

Matt, now in Aberdeenshire.
Never drink and drive. You may hit a bump  and spill your drink

Donerol

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2018, 05:20:03 pm »
Dumfries and Galloway is my old stomping ground.
18 years behind the counter of St. John's Town of Dalry local shop.
Near New Galloway.
Plenty of interesting places along the back roads.

It's a great area - I've enjoyed several short tours there and will no doubt do some more.

This year I'm considering LeJOG. I've wanted to do it for many years, but first I was tied down with children and then when they grew up it was elderly parents. Working and other holiday patterns have got in the way too. I'd really like to "do it properly" and be self-sufficient but my husband is not interested (and in any case I can't keep up with him) and I'd prefer some company in the evenings. I'm currently looking at organised supported tours and wondering if I can build the necessary fitness - snow and ice has kept me off the bike for nearly two weeks and today I felt distinctly flabby!