Author Topic: Bicycling the Oregon Trail Book  (Read 1699 times)

don_weinell

Bicycling the Oregon Trail Book
« on: January 22, 2018, 03:18:25 pm »
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to tell you about my recently released book "Bicycling the Oregon Trail". It was published by Caxton Press (Caldwell, Idaho, USA). You can order it directly from the publisher, or you can get it from Amazon or any of the other typical on-line sources. Of course, your local bookstore can also get it for you.

The book chronicles my adventures while bicycling (on a Thorn Sherpa) the route of the historic Oregon Trail. This 2000 mile trail was the primary overland route taken by almost 500,000 pioneers heading to the North American West during the mid 19th century. It's not meant to be a "how to" book, but it does contain the GPS coordinates for over 175 landmarks along the trail. It also has over 50 color photograph I took along the way.

Here's the link to Amazon's UK web site for the book:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bicycling-Oregon-Trail-Don-Weinell/dp/0870046128/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1516634087&sr=1-1&keywords=Bicycling+the+Oregon+Trail

It will also be available from the Adventure Cycling Association's CycloSource catalog later this Spring.

Thanks for checking it out.

Don Weinell
Gonzales, Louisiana, USA