Author Topic: Nomad BB bolts  (Read 9586 times)

John Saxby

Re: Nomad BB bolts
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2017, 04:22:12 am »
Mysterious clicks and creaks:

I could feel movement in the crankarm as I pedaled...I tried the eccentric bolts and found that one was loose
   Yep, had one of those. There was a slight notchy feeling rather than an audible click.

I have heard people mention clicks from loose chainring bolts...
Yep, had one of those. Funny thing -- I was sure it had to be the ring on the square taper, as I had recently checked the chainring bolts.  So I dismantled both crank arms, cleaned and re-set both, and the wretched click was still there. Just to be sure, I checked the chainring bolts again, and sure enough, one was a little less tight than the others.

I have heard of a seatpost having an audible click inside of a seat tube
Not a click, but a creak on the power stroke of both pedals, on my ti-framed day-ride bike. Couldn't find it anywhere, but my LBS found it when checking my rear der adjustment. Seat post was a little dry.

Bippers

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2017, 08:05:05 am »
You know, I think I'm getting attached to my click, gives me something to ponder. It has been a lot worse, I'm going to be lost what to do once I have cured it, and I WILL

Bippers

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2017, 09:25:00 pm »
I have heli-coiled the 2 BB bolt holes and fitted 2 new bolts. Very happy with the result. I have also located some half nuts M8x075 nuts which I am going to install as locknuts, see how that works out.
There has been a definite improvement in the "click", I have just one more thing to try, once the locknuts have arrived.