Author Topic: Chainglider now spline compatible  (Read 3361 times)

onmybike

Chainglider now spline compatible
« on: December 06, 2017, 02:49:57 am »
Just spotted that the Hebie Chainglider now has a splined cog compatible fitting. I couldn't find any mention of this with a quick search of the forums so hope I'm not repeating old news. The info is in this pdf on the Hebie site - http://www.hebie.de/fileadmin/pdf/anleitungen/Anbauhinweis_Chainglider_Speedhub_A4.pdf. No mention if it works with both the standard and slim carriers however. And some of the copy has less than stellar english translations... "Only if 15T-17 T is moulded-in on the backside you can use the rear part with the Rohloff splined sprocket".

Matt2matt2002

Re: Chainglider now spline compatible
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 02:52:08 pm »
This could be good news for me, a confirmed Chainglider rider.
I have yet to flip my ' old' rear cog but know the day is coming when I will have to convert.
Thanks
Never drink and drive. You may hit a bump  and spill your drink

Andre Jute

Re: Chainglider now spline compatible
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 12:29:28 am »
Just spotted that the Hebie Chainglider now has a splined cog compatible fitting. I couldn't find any mention of this with a quick search of the forums so hope I'm not repeating old news. The info is in this pdf on the Hebie site - http://www.hebie.de/fileadmin/pdf/anleitungen/Anbauhinweis_Chainglider_Speedhub_A4.pdf. No mention if it works with both the standard and slim carriers however. And some of the copy has less than stellar english translations... "Only if 15T-17 T is moulded-in on the backside you can use the rear part with the Rohloff splined sprocket".

Thanks for the info; very welcome.

It does look like Hebie is now servicing both types of Rohloff rear sprocket with their Chainglider.  I bet some people are shaking their heads and saying, "As if the Chainglider range wasn't complicated enough! I'm going back to what I understand. Derailleurs forever!"

All the same, I think taking it slow and steady will shape a path through the thicket of Chainglider versions. Start with your preferred sprocket, it's fitting type and tooth count...

I have spare Rohloff sprockets of the old type, plus an unturned sprocket on the bike, and both my complete Chaingliders appear indestructable, so I'm facing no urgent need to buy anything new, but I've saved the information sheet all the same. You never know when you might need this kind of information.

Some slight, small concern, about the 15-17T sprocket that appears to be the last old-type Rohloff rear end available ex-factory: how long will Hebie keep it in production? The front ends are generally interchangeable, but the Rohloff rear-ends are custom types specific to the Rohloff and now split between those that fit the new sprockets and the one (those? must be NOS stock around) that fits the old sprockets.

I need a computer-aided critical path analysis.