Community > Muppets Threads! (And Anything Else)

To cycle is to live dangerously...

(1/2) > >>

Andre Jute:
And I thought my magpies are psycho. Short video:
To cycle is to live dangerously...

jags:
Nowhere safe Andre.

julk:
A buzzard did that to me one day out riding near the Moorfoot Hills, I was in a heavily wooded area.
Wearing a helmet worked well that day!

John Saxby:

--- Quote ---I thought my magpies are psycho
--- End quote ---

Serious bizness indeed, Andre. Evidently the juvenile eagle has not been socialized...

Last Feb/March, cycling around the Gold Coast Down Unda, I noted a number of cyclists who had 6" zipties sticking up out of their helmets. The effect was so dorky, that I thought this might be some kind of statement, though I wasn't sure what was being stated, nor who the audience might be.  I asked my son, and he said it was a common anti-magpie practice: seems the critters don't like the pokey things. Once or twice, he had been buzzed by the magpies, and he was considering the ziptie counter.

Danneaux:
Here, it is red-winged blackbirds -- especially in the Spring. Two of my regular training loops (84mi/105mi or 135km/169km) has a common portion that runs along a highway with tall bushes planted on each side. This is where the red-winged blackbirds nest. I can't get away from them, and the "Thwok-thwok" if them hammering my helmet is unpleasant, so I may try the zip-tie trick.

Thanks, John.

Best,

Dan.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version