Author Topic: What does it cost to run your bike?  (Read 8257 times)

julk

Re: What does it cost to run your bike?
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2017, 04:06:05 pm »
This is a great topic, I now feel justified in all those expensive decisions I have made in recent years.
Not just cycling - home improvements, hi-fi kit (4 rooms kitted out), music and yes again cycling ;D
Julian.

John Saxby

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2017, 02:19:06 am »
I now feel justified in all those expensive decisions I have made in recent years.

And well you should, Julian. There's a lot to be said for making a virtue out of necessity.  ;)

jags

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2017, 05:34:23 pm »
This is a great topic, I now feel justified in all those expensive decisions I have made in recent years.
Not just cycling - home improvements, hi-fi kit (4 rooms kitted out), music and yes again cycling ;D
Julian.

i had a great HI -Fi system up until a few years ago  a so called friend plugged his acoustic guitar into it and totally knacker the lot.Quad Amps And Gale Speakers. :'( :'( :'(

julk

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2017, 08:33:10 pm »
anto,
I know we are a bit off topic now,
that was sad, how did you recover your system?
Julian.

jags

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2017, 09:43:35 pm »
I Didn't Julian it's under the stairs gathering dust  :'(
i have hundreds of Vinal and CD's that more than likely i will never hear again.
mind you i told my 2 sons they could fight over them when i kick the bucket ::)
i had a class Linn Sondex turntable  with this system  but as usual work dried up  so i sold it bit of a trade couple hundred pounds and a Technics turn table that's the one i have now.
Amp needs looking at by an expert as does my Gale GS401 speakers  ,I'll never do it mind you unless my son can get someone to fix them.
was a super system before this idiot plugged his guitar into it. :'(
if i bought a duck it would sink.

anto.

Andre Jute

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2017, 11:00:03 pm »
Anto, the good news is that Quad gear is infinitely rebuildable. My Quad valve amps go back sixty, seventy years, and my newest silicon Quad is probably the CD player. I have and still use a 3 series preamp, and when I wrote on music, my backup amp for 15 years was a Quad 405 MkII which has lost count of the number of times it has been rebuilt. The trickiest thing is replacing the cables when accidents happen to the connection. Jones HV connectors, anyone? They're those rectangular plugs with flat blades that connect the Quad II units together.

jags

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2017, 04:55:33 pm »
Andre thats what i have Quad 405 and 33 pre amp it never gave me any trouble until the guitar was plugged into it  not my fault.
i must try and find out if theres anyone in town that could fix it.

cheers

anto.

Andre Jute

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2017, 07:33:12 pm »
One thing is clear: bikes are a much less expensive hobby than hi-fi.

jags

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2017, 08:03:25 pm »
One thing is clear: bikes are a much less expensive hobby than hi-fi.
and that's the truth  ;D ;D ;D