Author Topic: Reducing the weight of my Thorn Sherpa...how did you do yours?  (Read 25556 times)

Vintagetourer

Re: Reducing the weight of my Thorn Sherpa...how did you do yours?
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2017, 07:03:55 pm »
The question is, when the revolution comes and we are forced to keep one and only one bike, which will it be?

I used to say that the keeper would be my Thorn Audax because it is the most versatile and fun to ride. It’s great for commuting, touring, training and Audax rides.

Now the Sherpa has a second pair of light wheels, it would also work well as a commuter bike. It’s a contender as a keeper if the choice has to be made.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2017, 07:38:02 pm »
The question is, when the revolution comes and we are forced to keep one and only one bike, which will it be?
Nooooo!  :o Don't make me choose among my children!!!

I have thought about this. I have...<ahem> um...fifteen. I think if all were gone, I would keep the Nomad because ultimately it is a) most versatile and b) has the most durable drivetrain.

Best,

Dan.

martinf

« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2017, 08:12:51 pm »

I would find it difficult to manage with only one bike and no motor vehicle.

My minimum would be the Raven Tour with Rohloff, plus one of my Brompton folders and finally my old trailer for moving stuff too heavy or bulky to go in the pannier bags on the bike.

mickeg

« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2017, 09:45:21 pm »
A limit of only one?  I refuse to participate.

Vintagetourer

« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2017, 06:58:26 am »
 😂😂😂

Vintagetourer

« Reply #80 on: October 31, 2017, 07:11:12 am »

[/quote]

I would find it difficult to manage with only one bike and no motor vehicle.

My minimum would be the Raven Tour with Rohloff, plus one of my Brompton folders and finally my old trailer for moving stuff too heavy or bulky to go in the pannier bags on the bike.
[/quote]
When the revolution comes I don’t think folders will count as real bikes, so  I will be keeping my Bike Fridays ... and one of my Thorns.
I don’t know which one. That will be a dreadful decision to have to make. Whichever one it is I will have extra wheels-sets, racks, forks, tyres etc to use for different types of tours.

jags

« Reply #81 on: October 31, 2017, 03:49:18 pm »
the sherpa would be a great choice if the rohloff goes  quare as all things do in the end your goosed .me i'm not buying another bike my Audax is a class bike will easely outlive me and when the s,,t does hit the fan the next owner will have a good bike to get him around  that's of course if it is a him.

yeah disc brakes and rohloff hubs will be history  thats a fact. ;)

anto.

Pavel

« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2018, 03:33:24 pm »

I used to say that the keeper would be my Thorn Audax because it is the most versatile and fun to ride. It’s great for commuting, touring, training and Audax rides.

Now the Sherpa has a second pair of light wheels, it would also work well as a commuter bike. It’s a contender as a keeper if the choice has to be made.

I've always regretted when I've parred down any system to "ONE" It should be spelled ONNE as it's always been a four letter word, really. 

To enjoy a pursuit, optimum equipment is a must. It seems hard wired into our genes, just look at all the posts about refining and optimizing gear.  What you are suggesting is un-natural, on par with some practices only heard of in West Virginia and best not talked of.  So don't do it.

The only revolution to be concerned with, and planned for, is that of both of your Thorns pedals.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 03:35:08 pm by pavel »