Author Topic: Bike for sale eBay not mine raven now sold,  (Read 5787 times)

sd

Re: Bike for sale eBay not mine raven now sold,
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2017, 10:32:17 pm »
Home,  fetched dog,  lit fire, showered and a chilli con carne in the microwave. I am not sure if I will ever recover from that 24 mile cycle ride.... on a saddle made by the London brick company!  Luckily I have a well broken in Brooks B17.  Just need to find it.

sd

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2017, 10:17:12 am »
I have noticed that the Rohloff is noisier on this bike than on my Santos Travelmaster.
The Santos had done 20,000 kilometers before I bought it.

sd

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2017, 10:19:08 am »

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2017, 05:42:42 pm »
Did I really pay to much for the Thorn I just bought?
Boy, that is a hard question! If you paid more than you might have yet are happy, I'm not sure you paid too much at all!

I am "careful" with money and place great store on value, but sometimes when I don't get the lowest possible price but the item is really well made and lasts a long time...it is still well worth it.

"The quality will remain long after the price is forgotten." -- Sir Frederick Henry Royce, co-founder of Rolls-Royce.

Best,

Dan.

sd

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2017, 09:43:43 pm »
Sometime in the future I was going to change the rims on the Thorn to the rigida ones. The ones where they fire carbide at seven times the speed of sound into the rims. The rims on my Santos have them and they show no sign of wear, even though the bike had done 20,000 km before I bought it. I say was, because when I looked at them today I discovered that was exactly the rims that are on the bike.  You would think he would have mentioned it in the listing?!!

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2017, 02:05:52 am »
You would think he would have mentioned it in the listing?!!
  :o I would too!

Bonus!  ;D

All the best,

Dan.

sd

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2017, 02:37:26 pm »
Well changed saddle ridden it a total of 70 miles. Excellent really comfortable and I am not just talking about the saddle. Now I am not sure which to use as my off road bike.  The Santos has big apples on so should be far more comfortable than the Thorn but isn't?.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 11:09:28 am by sd »