Author Topic: NEW PRICE:Thorn Voyager Child Back Tandem - Adult/Child Tandem £390 ONO(Cardiff)  (Read 2235 times)

smingay

Fabulous Thorn Voyager tandem for Adult pilot and rear seat designed for a child aged 5 thru to 10. Thorn make the best tandems in the world, so you won't get a better made bike. The steel frame is very very comfortable. Front and back positions are both very adjustable.

If you've been struggling with a tag-along or Gatorbar try this ! Trust me there is no comparison - this is a rolls royce in terms of comfort, stability, control and speed compared to other options of taking kids on a bike. And the kids love it, so much fun.

We've had this bike from new. It's been well maintained, and well loved. Reason for sale is just that the youngest has now outgrown it - though still very happy to ride it. The frame has some superficial scratches from the bike rack but none serious.

It's toured everything from the Taff Trail here in Cardiff, the Coast to Coast, it's been up Alpe D'huez, Col du Galibier, Col du Tourmalet and many more. So its had a good and exciting life.

Triple chain rings, 8 speed cassette - 24 gears. Good range of gears - I've never run out. Lots of low ones for the climbs.

Rear cranks are dual drilled so there are two options for placing the peddles - so you can effectively shorten the cranks for the smaller rider.

Beautiful Brooks saddle on the front for the adult. Ergon GP1 grips and bar ends for extra comfort on those long climbs and descents.

Rear pannier rack.

I will include the rear flat peddles, but there are no peddles on the front, unless you'd like to buy the SPDs I've been using.

Fabulous touring wheels with Weinmann DP2000 rims.

Shimano Acera rear mech. Suntour X-1 front mech.

Powerful Shimano V-Brakes.

Two bottle cages.

Schwalbe City Jet tyres - both in good condition.

Fits on a bike rack. I have always taken the wheels off to prevent it sticking out beyond the sides of the car and to save weight.

If you need any other information or photos please don't hesitate to ask.

£390 O.N.O

Photos and contact details here.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/bicycles/thorn-voyager-child-back-tandem-adultchild-touring-tandem/1244398305
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 12:59:01 pm by smingay »