Author Topic: Ewan's Audax  (Read 5668 times)

E-wan

Ewan's Audax
« on: September 12, 2017, 10:09:47 pm »
Hi

Here is a wee video of my Audax built this year

Been putting off typing up some details on my build so this will do for now. Will try and post more later If I get time.

Forget to mention of the video shifters are Dura ace bar end shifters, brake pads were changed to swiss stop blue and forks are Thorn Renolds 835c.

Tried to build without compromise for a blend of comfort/efficiency.

Comments  / suggestions welcome.

Hope some of it is of interest

https://youtu.be/MiWUoI-feEc

Ewan

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: Ewan's Audax
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 05:06:29 am »
What a delightful way to introduce a bicycle, Ewan! Well done and most enjoyable; thanks!

Bike looks good too. Please, if you get the chance, can you take a photo at night using a flash? I'd love to see the reflective tape illuminated.

All the best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 09:37:55 am »
Now put me up against a wall and shoot me but man oh man get rid of that  frame tape bike looks awful. super build you done a great job but that tape  :'( :'(

jags.

bobs

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 10:05:11 am »
Have to agree with Anto , great bike but it looks like one of those  cars you see camouflaged in spyshots for car magazine's .
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 05:55:36 pm by bobs »

jags

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 03:15:26 pm »
each  to there own  but serious unless all  your cycling is night time there's no need for that reflective tape even then  you'll only be seen from the side .
great  video great bike just loose the stickers.

anto.

Tiberius

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 12:11:09 pm »
'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' and all that.....To my eyes, it looks a right mess.

You have clearly made a great job of the build and I have no doubt that it rides like a dream. Very well done. But all that tape everywhere, including the hose pipe on the rack, just looks awful.

If this was an expedition type of bike I would get the functional/dosen't matter what it looks like aspect, but this is a Thorn Audax, USUALLY one of the best looking bikes around.

Just my 2p......and you did ask.

ridgeback63

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2017, 05:48:12 pm »
Lovely build E-wan but way too much tape on it for me,sorry,I have spoke reflectors for my commuter https://www.amazon.co.uk/Salzmann-Reflector-Scotchlite-Reflective-Material/dp/B00DNG8DSY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1505493808&sr=8-1&keywords=spoke+reflector
also I have my sinewave just under the stem with a little bit of masking tape covering the USB slot,no need for anything really tho as it's all waterproof,please don't take my comments the wrong way,this is my Audax,you might find this ugly
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 05:51:22 pm by ridgeback63 »

Tiberius

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2017, 05:59:39 pm »
ridgeback63.....You have a lovely bike there....shows how nice a Thorn Audax can look...... :)

ridgeback63

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2017, 07:34:24 pm »
Thanks Tiberius,I just hope we haven't upset E-wan..

jags

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2017, 08:48:32 pm »
ah i wouldn't think so Janet at least i hope not  :'(

anto.