Author Topic: Six months in the Far East  (Read 4100 times)

j-ms

Six months in the Far East
« on: May 09, 2017, 12:27:49 pm »
Punting my journal in CGOAB: https://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=1mr&doc_id=19307&v=1w#503487

Arrived in Kyoto from South Africa yesterday .  Bikes were a breeze to re-assemble but a b%^&tch to transport from the bus station to our guesthouse.  Easing into it slowly as we're not particularly fit.

Matt2matt2002

Re: Six months in the Far East
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 02:18:35 pm »
I'll be following you closely. From my sofa!
Good luck.
Never drink and drive. You may hit a bump  and spill your drink

j-ms

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 06:06:36 am »
We're almost halfway through our six month trip through Asia.  Leigh has posted a video of the Singapore and Malaysia section on our YouTube channel and can be viewed at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyVJpFChXHg.  Videos of the Japan and South Korea sections (as well as the upcoming sections through Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam) will be loaded once they are done.

John Saxby

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 01:39:13 pm »
Brilliant, guys, just brilliant!  Esp liked the food and the birdlife; can't imagine the humidity, tho'.  Trust that the bikes are working well.

Carry on, safe journeys,

John

jags

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 08:49:48 pm »
hell of a tour.stay safe enjoy.

jags.

j-ms

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 10:14:21 am »
Hi John

Bikes have been trouble free throughout the trip.  I changed the hub oil In Kuala Kubu Barhu in Malaysia, I re-grease the EX Box on Leigh's bike occasionally and I will soon have to adjust the EBBs (the chains are more than 6000 kms into their life and are getting pretty slack).  As mentioned before, the bikes are beautifully balanced under load, whether at slow speeds or charging downhill.  Unloaded they seem like different beasts altogether - far more lively and responsive - and it takes a bit of getting used to.

Jean-Marc

j-ms

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 10:38:11 am »
The video of the South Korean leg of the trip is now on YouTube.  You can view it at https://youtu.be/aB3Tk-5u7bg.

Matt2matt2002

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2017, 08:36:20 pm »
Great videos.
May I ask about your camera and video software?
Never drink and drive. You may hit a bump  and spill your drink

j-ms

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2017, 11:33:44 pm »
The cameras are my entry-level Samsung smartphone and my wife's Canon PowerShot SX60.  Neither take up much space and both serve at least two purposes so they qualify as acceptable equipment for cycle touring.

The software used is MovieMaker which comes free with Windows.