Author Topic: i need to see some sunny weather .  (Read 5759 times)

julk

Re: i need to see some sunny weather .
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2017, 02:02:59 pm »
anto,
that was not rain, it was condensed sunshine :)
Julian.

jags

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2017, 05:16:25 pm »
 ;D ;D

John Saxby

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2017, 03:20:41 pm »
If it's any consolation, Anto, you're not alone. Here in Ottawa (& Eastern Ontario/Québec more generally), we've had a very wet late spring & early summer, and only now are we beginning to see our standard-issue summer weather. In the West, though, it's been hot and dry -- BC has had more than a thousand forest fires, for example, and a record area burned. The fire season isn't over. We'd happily send a few weeks of rain to the Prairies and the Mountains.

The weather forecasters have a barely disguised note of glee in their voices, as they say, "It's gonna get worse, too!"

The trees especially are loving this wet weather, though, and the wildflowers along the roads have been plentiful and beautiful.

I have a wee there-and-back to Toronto planned in early September, about 5 days in each direction, maybe 1000 kms round trip. I'm expecting that we'll have standard-issue early fall weather, just for me'n'my Raven--sunny, fresh, no bugs, etc. Have to say that I'm not 100% sure that'll happen, though ;)

Hope your back is feeling better,

John

jags

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2017, 04:59:54 pm »
Hi john only blessing I suppose is we don't get the crazy weather u guys get.but man this summer has been terrible only weather we didn't get was snow :'(

I had yet another nice spin planned for today but again not a great day for peddling.
Ah well not to worry the vuelta is live on TV.
Hope u get that tour in John stay safe buddy.
Anto.

Tiberius

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2017, 06:00:10 pm »
Today.....North East coast of England.

Misty/Drizzly start....Warm.....AND CRUCIALLY low winds !! (under ten MPH....dead dead rare this time of year on this coast).

Just about perfect cycling weather....A lovely 52 miles ride out....... :)

jags

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2017, 07:24:05 pm »
happy days  don't know when i cycled in calm conditions but i do live on the northeast coast so always windy. ::)