Author Topic: i need to see some sunny weather .  (Read 5761 times)

jags

i need to see some sunny weather .
« on: August 16, 2017, 12:28:37 pm »
What an absolutely miserable day,rain rain and more bloody rain even the ferrell cats are running for cover under the flower pots i have out the back yard poor feckers :'(
lying in me bed last night i was planning a nice 40 mile spin out into the sticks  the forecast was promising, hah i should have know better to listen to those feckin eigits .

anyhoo im stuck here doing nothing totally fed up, ah well roll on a few nice days .
Moan over :'( :'(

Anto

julk

Re: i need to see some sunny weather .
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 05:11:14 pm »
anto,
I am looking forward to summer next year now.
I seemed to have missed it this year.
We have a bird bath in the back garden and I have only had to fill it a couple of times this year, it has been overflowing for a while now…
Julian.

ps I was lucky and cycle camped to the KM rally at the end of May - 6 sunny days out of 7.

jags

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 06:01:22 pm »
Terrible weather Julian if i win the lottery im moving.

Tiberius

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 07:13:16 pm »
Jags.

.......Are you saying that you don't/won't ride in the rain ?????......

You are (I think) Irish....Like my Mam, and She is as tough as ++++.....Man up and get on with it.....What on earth do you think will happen to you if you ride in the rain ??

Pathetic (really)....... What a WIMP !!!!!...... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Matt2matt2002

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 07:27:46 pm »
Just had four days in Skegness visiting my mum.
Shorts T shirt and 21°+.
Quite a shock from 14° and Scottish cloud.
Never drink and drive. You may hit a bump  and spill your drink

martinf

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 08:02:51 pm »
Instead of Brompton plus train, took my Raven Sport Tour for the 60 km round trip to the office and back today.

Not too hot, cloudy, dry, not too much wind, so good cycling weather. But rain forecast for tomorrow and part of Friday here in South Brittany.

In June and early July it was often a bit too hot and sunny for comfort - if I ride for more than a few kms in temperatures of 30° C or so I end up as wet as if I had ridden in a rainstorm.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 08:26:59 pm »
Despite being 32.7°C/91°F today, the nights here (Eugene, Oregon) have gotten cold. When I awakened at 04:15 yesterday, it was only 5°C/41°F with a soaking dewfall and when I rode through the city park yesterday, brown leaves were beginning to drop.

Although we still have some hot days ahead, I get the feeling we've turned the corner toward Fall.

Still, running around in shorts and a t-shirt so can't complain. Good riding weather. If you send me your coordinates, I'll put the big exhaust fan in the driveway, aimed your way to bring better weather. Can't hurt...  :D

Best,

Dan.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 08:58:04 pm by Danneaux »

jags

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2017, 08:38:46 pm »
Jags.

.......Are you saying that you don't/won't ride in the rain ?????......

You are (I think) Irish....Like my Mam, and She is as tough as ++++.....Man up and get on with it.....What on earth do you think will happen to you if you ride in the rain ??

Pathetic (really)....... What a WIMP !!!!!...... ;D ;D ;D ;D

if i get caugh in the rain i don't really mind to be honest, but i certainly wont go out in it ,i had plans to go out later  put the lights on get out for an hour around town  but its lashing rain again , so yip a wimp is probably right  ;D ;D ;D.
man it's not much to ask  couple  months of nice sunny weather  :'(

anto.

jags

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2017, 08:44:13 pm »
Instead of Brompton plus train, took my Raven Sport Tour for the 60 km round trip to the office and back today.

Not too hot, cloudy, dry, not too much wind, so good cycling weather. But rain forecast for tomorrow and part of Friday here in South Brittany.

In June and early July it was often a bit too hot and sunny for comfort - if I ride for more than a few kms in temperatures of 30° C or so I end up as wet as if I had ridden in a rainstorm.
i remember getting off the ferry in roscoff to fantastic sunshine ,but on the third day the rain starting down ,man i never seen anything like it 3 solid days of monsoon like rain  tour abandoned headed back to ferry and home to  ireland..pity tho i was enjoying  france beautiful country .

Andre Jute

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2017, 09:32:48 pm »
Next ride, planned with open phones linked to the weather forecast each of us trusts most (that's not a lot!) at the end of our Tuesday ride, is for Saturday because everything in between is messed up with rain and/or high winds.

energyman

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2017, 10:08:23 pm »
The problem with riding in foul weather in summer wearing wet weather gear is that the expression "Boil in the bag" becomes apparent.
Don't try and convince me that Gore-Tex works.
;)

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2017, 10:49:23 pm »
The problem with riding in foul weather in summer wearing wet weather gear is that the expression "Boil in the bag" becomes apparent.
Don't try and convince me that Gore-Tex works.
In those conditions, in my experience, +1 on that, e-man!

If it is warm and raining, I usually prefer to ride in jersey and shorts, using a wind shell to prevent chilling. I end up soaked, but not cold unless I fail to change to dry clothes promptly afterward.

Best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2017, 11:34:53 pm »
there's some rain after falling here tonight serious stuff.
i just ware a light shower proof jacket  if i get caught out most of my routes are only 12 to 15 miles from home so no big deal getting wet.
but on tour is another matter seek shelter is my way of thinking. ;)

anto.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2017, 05:41:08 pm »
Proof Anto rides in the rain...

[posted on his behalf by Dan]

jags

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2017, 08:36:40 pm »
got soaked  but only 6 miles to comfort .

only 22 miles today the sky turned black again i made the right choice, head for home anto as quick as your little legs will take ya. ;)

anto.