Author Topic: My New Club Tour  (Read 3836 times)

B cereus

My New Club Tour
« on: July 17, 2017, 06:07:37 am »
I had a ride out to Amersham on Sunday for the Chiltern 100 Cycling Festival. I managed to take a couple of shots of the new bike. They're not the greatest I'm afraid but here they are:

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: My New Club Tour
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 06:18:37 am »
Wow! What a beauty, B'!

I really like the red with the grey and black. As Anto would say, "Class!".

I must ask...what are the little red things near the v-brakes' linear springs? I must know or madness will ensue before long. ;)

Please Sir, we want more photos!  :)

All the best,

Dan.

Neil Jones

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 06:23:27 am »
What a beautiful bike.

Love the gunmetal grey with red detailing, I think it looks classy and bang up to date. Hope you enjoy your new baby.

Regards,
Neil

B cereus

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 07:05:50 am »

I must ask...what are the little red things near the v-brakes' linear springs?

I thought some eagle eyed observer would ask that. It's PVC electrical insulation sleeving. Rather than finish the cable end with a crimp I left them a little longer than normal and coated  the ends  with epoxy. When dry I slid on the sleeving  (it had to be red of course, but other colours are available). To finish I tucked them behind the springs.

PVC sleeving is useful stuff. I've also used it on the cable that supports the Rixen & Kaul bar bag support. I use lengths of old brake cable sleeved in PVC to replace the original, and expensive, R&K  one when it wears out. The old brake cable trick doesn't work for the Ortlieb support cable and the Ortlieb part is even more expensive than the R&K one.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 07:11:21 am »
Ah! PVC sleeving = Non-heat shrink tubing!

Well done, B'! (...and many thanks; I'll rest easy now) ;D

All the best,

Dan.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 07:15:13 am by Danneaux »

jags

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 01:38:03 pm »
yip class job very tasty 8) 8)

enjoy every pedal stroke and keep her clean.

anto

B cereus

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2017, 06:03:07 am »
enjoy every pedal stroke and keep her clean.

anto

Anto, it's funny you should say that. The bike and I have  just returned from rural Ireland  and those Irish cows made an awful mess of my new pride and joy.  :)

jags

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2017, 09:39:43 am »
 ;D ;D than can happen right enough  ;D
did you enjoy the trip.

anto.

B cereus

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2017, 06:17:54 am »
did you enjoy the trip.

anto.

Yes, we were based on the Mizzen peninsula. A holiday combining cycling and kayaking. Its an area that I I know very well and first visited many years ago for scuba diving.  I never grow tired of returning and we were particularly blessed with the weather this time.

jags

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2017, 11:52:49 am »
yeah  fantastic part of the country  climb up to the cafe is tough on a loaded touring bike :o.
but there was a lot worse to come Healy Pass  beautiful  but i was sure glad when i got to the top, big shock came when we went up the other side to kenmare  jaysus i nearly died little legs nearly fell off me ;D ;D.molls gap was class  i had a great laugh with a bus load of french tourists,there were taking the p..s out of me on my loaded bike until  i challenge them to try and lift it not one of the could  ;D ;D ;D.spend a few days in Dolin  got a lift home from my son long story.
but yeah if you get the weather sure its a great country to ride your bike.

anto.