Author Topic: Disc Brake Forks  (Read 11938 times)

George Hetrick

• retired software engineer in Austin, TX, USA
Re: Disc Brake Forks
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2017, 02:09:39 am »
How do I rotate images, so people don't have to turn their heads sideways?
-----

Ooh, 100th post -- finally a full member after only 5 1/2 years. Perhaps I should be more loquacious.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2017, 02:50:00 am »
Thanks so much for the photo updates, George. I am sure a lot of people will appreciate the photos. Sometimes, people contact me asking questions they are shy about asking themselves online, so these will answer some queries.

I have one more...

George, did you abandon drop handlebars/levers when you switched to the Hope hydraulics? Or do you use a slave actuator/remote reservoir with cable actuation? As I recall (perhaps incorrectly), your Nomad started with drops.

Thanks!

All the best,

Dan.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 03:09:50 am by Danneaux »

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2017, 03:07:46 am »
How do I rotate images, so people don't have to turn their heads sideways?
I selected the photos en masse on one of my Windows PCs (7 Ultimate in this case) and rotated, then saved them. I then reduced the images for faster loading and to fit the screen using Image Resizer for Windows. I then selected them individually and uploaded below.

Sadly, there is an anomaly in the Small Machines Forum software that doesn't readily allow substitution of photos once the maximum of 4 per post have been uploaded. Otherwise, you could simply have edited your post to upload the rotated images (or I could have done so for you). When posting, you can substitute other photos, but once the cake has been baked, you're out of luck. Once four images have been uploaded, the only option is to deselect them.

As for taking five years to make 100 posts/Full Membership, "Wise men speak because they have something to say..." -- Plato.

;D Congratulations on your "century of posts"; it has been nice having you aboard, George.

All the best,

Dan.

mickeg

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2017, 05:52:35 pm »
For future reference, I could look at the bigger photos on my screen by pressing control/minus <the minus key> several times.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2017, 07:08:53 pm »
For future reference, I could look at the bigger photos on my screen by pressing control/minus <the minus key> several times.
Yep! A handy and worthwhile reminder, George.  :)

Also depends on the browser and also on whether a mobile platform (i.e. tablet, smartphone) is used.

We used to have a posting limit for attachments, set by the software. That has changed in the latest software version but file sizes generally something below about 500MB/photo seems to work pretty well.

All the best,

Dan.

mickeg

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2017, 08:39:43 pm »
We used to have a posting limit for attachments, set by the software. That has changed in the latest software version but file sizes generally something below about 500MB/photo seems to work pretty well.

All the best,

Dan.

Do you mean 500 kb?  500 meg is pretty big, bigger than any camera I can afford.

For posting photos, I usually photo reduce photos down to 20 percent of original size, then usually less than 500 kb.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2017, 10:28:26 pm »
Do you mean 500 kb?  500 meg is pretty big, bigger than any camera I can afford.
  ;D ;D ;D !
For posting photos, I usually photo reduce photos down to 20 percent of original size, then usually less than 500 kb.
Yes! Good job, George.

All the best,

Dan.

George Hetrick

• retired software engineer in Austin, TX, USA
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2017, 01:14:39 am »
George, did you abandon drop handlebars/levers when you switched to the Hope hydraulics? Or do you use a slave actuator/remote reservoir with cable actuation? As I recall (perhaps incorrectly), your Nomad started with drops.
The Nomad has always been straight bars. I bought it strictly for off-road use, and my usual Nitto Noodles didn't seem like the answer.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2017, 01:53:05 am »
The Nomad has always been straight bars. I bought it strictly for off-road use, and my usual Nitto Noodles didn't seem like the answer.
Thanks, George!

Best,

Dan.