Author Topic: Congratulations and thanks to Geocycle, newest Hero Member!  (Read 3351 times)

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Hi All!

With real and genuine pleasure I welcome Geocycle to the Hero member status that comes with making 1,000 posts on the Thorn Cycling Forum!

Geo' is one of our members in longest standing; I recall reading his first post in 2006, when he was expecting delivery of his new Raven Tour for a much anticipated tour of the Scottish highlands. For the next 11 years, he has interacted well with members offering comradeship, good advice, and counsel to all.

Throughout his tenure here, Geo' has contributed a useful and helpful perspective and has always been quick to lend a hand and encourage others in need, being it weighing the dis/advantages of inboard vs outboard bar-ends to noisy BB eccentrics quietened by grease. His past photos of a tour through the Reivers route ( http://thorncyclesforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=1741.msg7877#msg7877 ) -- with a skewerless rear wheel(!) nicely promoted Raven Tours to a generation of owners, as did his welcomes to the Forum.

Geo', you've been a real credit to this community throughout and exemplified the helpful spirit found here. Good on you for contributing so much and helpfully over so many years -- well done and thanks!

All the best,

Dan.

Danneaux,
Thorn Cycling Forum Administrator
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 09:02:03 am by Danneaux »

John Saxby

Re: Congratulations and thanks to Geocycle, newest Hero Member!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 12:10:06 pm »
Congratulations, Geo! -- and especially for persevering with the rest of us for so long, with your good humour, advice and courtesy :-)

Andre Jute

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 06:53:52 pm »
Congratulations, Geo. And thanks for all the good advice.

geocycle

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 06:54:18 pm »
Thank you gentlemen, it has been a real pleasure.

lewis noble

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2017, 05:03:39 pm »
Congratulations, geo, I remember you guiding me heroically through the lanes on the outskirts of Lancaster at the beginning of my Trans - Pennine ride back in . . . .2007 I think. 

Best wishes

Lewis

jags

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 09:13:00 pm »
Good stuff Geo 8)

Anto

geocycle

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2017, 09:53:43 pm »
Congratulations, geo, I remember you guiding me heroically through the lanes on the outskirts of Lancaster at the beginning of my Trans - Pennine ride back in . . . .2007 I think. 

Best wishes

Lewis

Yes, 10 years ago! You were still on the raven then and raising money for a charity I think?

geocycle

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2017, 09:54:29 pm »
Good stuff Geo 8)

Anto

Thanks, and nice to see your posts again!

jags

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2017, 10:00:49 pm »
Cheers Geo havent been on top form lately.

Anto.