Author Topic: For sale: Raven 530L in Western Canada  (Read 1536 times)

David Simpson

For sale: Raven 530L in Western Canada
« on: June 21, 2017, 03:29:40 pm »
Not mine.

Someone is riding from Alaska to Vancouver, and will be selling their Thorn Raven 530L when they arrive in Vancouver at the beginning of July. If they don't sell it, they will be taking it back to Ireland with them.

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/bik/6158844161.html

I know nothing about the bike. I just saw the advertisement and thought I'd post it here since Thorn bikes are rare in this part of the world. The asking price is CA$3100.

Here is the advertisement in full:

Thorn Raven 530L, Rohloff hub, Son 28 with USB & 5 Ortlieb panniers - $3100

Hi I am from Ireland but I am currently cycling this bike from Anchorage to Vancouver, I have previously cycled it 1000 miles in Europe last year. Unfortunately I have to part company with this beauty due to a change in circumstances. However it has low mileage for the quality of bike that she is and deserves a lot more riding. It is a top of the range touring bike with all the mod cons. Rohloff hub, Son Dynimo front hub with USB connection. Full set of Ortlieb panniers, kick stand, left mirror and a Brook saddle. The Size is 530L , you can check out Thorns website for sizing for you www.sjscycles.com/thornpdf/thorn_mega_brochure.pdf . I am 5:10 and it fits me perfect, however it could be adapted for a few other sizes. I will be arriving in Vancouver the first week in July. If I have not sold the bike at that stage I will bring it home. Please contact me if you are interested in buying this amazing bike and any questions you may have.

- DaveS
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 07:32:33 pm by David Simpson »