Author Topic: RST 565S For Sale  (Read 2356 times)

Andybg

RST 565S For Sale
« on: June 17, 2017, 02:38:05 pm »
I am having a reorganisation of my bikes and have decided to sell a few. I will be putting up full description and pics over the next few days so watch this space if you are interested.

I am also selling my 580S RT and a Classic Audax of similar size.

Cheers

Andy

Pavel

Re: RST 565S For Sale
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 07:26:38 pm »
Wow, that appears to be that you have had the fortune of sampling much of the Thorn range.  Are you still keeping any Thorn bikes, or any bikes at all, or are you moving on to other interests Andy?

I'm giving myself some time, pondering the same decision but will always keep my Nomad, even though it has not seen any miles since the RST turned up. I enjoy the RST most but have this insecurity inside - that one lucky day, I shall need the Sherman Tank that the Nomad is.

Andybg

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 07:31:42 am »
Hi Pavel

Yes will still be keeping some thorn bikes. I still have two original Nomads a Ripio and am rebuilding a 853 Audax. I also have a Thorn Tandem which is now waiting for the grand kids to get big enough. Some of the proceeds from this sale will go towards a kiddy back Tandem.

All the best

Andy

Andybg

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 03:09:28 pm »
Thorn Raven Sport Tour
Here is my very high spec Thorn RST. To replace this today with a similarly specified Thorn you would be looking at circa £4k. Although not immaculate it is in very good condition and everything works as it should. It has been well maintained and serviced annually. It could do with a new chainring and Rohloff cog and this is reflected in the price. I have not replaced them for the sale as I would guess that the new owner would probably like the bike higher geared. As the bike has done about 4k km since its last service I will include an oil kit for the Rohloff. Also included is the spanner for the Eccentric Bottom bracket

Frame Size 565S
Reynolds 853 Frame
Reynolds 531 Fork
Rigida Grizzly CSS Rims
Shimano XTR V Brakes
Tektro Brake Levers
Tektro cross brake levers
Son Dyno Hub
Son Edelux II front Light
Son seat post mount Rear Light
Thorn Crankset
38 x 17 gearing – Probably too low for this bike unloaded but I do a lot of mountain climbing with it.
Schwalbe Marathon Supreme 1.6 Tyres
Rolls San Marco Saddle
SKS Mudguards
3 x Profile Design Bottle Holders

Andybg

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 03:15:09 pm »
For a quick sale I am looking for £1200 for this bike. It can be collected from Halifax West Yorkshire or I can ship at cost