Technical > Lighting and Electronics

B&M IQ-X Condensation

(1/3) > >>

lestat_12345:
Hi All,

My B&M IQ-X light has now got a condensation build up on the front lens. Totally my fault, I washed the bike upside down using my Mobi V-17 Portable Bike Pressure Washer.

Any Ideas on how to remove the condensation?

RonS:
First thing I would try is sticking it in a bag of rice, which is the go to method for drying anything electronic.
Good luck.

lestat_12345:
I was thinking of silica pads - which I would have to order - but if rice will work I'll give it a try :)

Danneaux:
I'm not sure this will help in your case, so last choice if nothing else works (and disassembly is not possible):

I once managed to fix a supposedly "sealed" camera light that developed condensation after being used in the rain to film a wedding (the photographer was standing outside, waiting for the couple to emerge from the church after an evening wedding) by drilling a small vent hole, which I later plugged with...wait for it...kneaded beeswax (the kneading keeps the beeswax from flaking and makes it moldable).

The moisture evaporated quickly once air could circulate and it worked very well thereafter. When the lens fogged one later time in similar circumstances, it was a simple matter to remove the beeswax by turning the light upside down and picking it out with a cocktail toothpick before resealing again.

Just a thought. Last resort and all that.

Best,

Dan.(...who likes parenthetical asides)

energyman:
Try leaving it in a 'Fridge.  It dries out food and it also works for electronics.  Remember to then warm it up again in a dry place.  I use our airing cupboard.
Did that with a radio I got wet once, it still works.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version