Author Topic: SRAM DualDrive hub  (Read 2639 times)

martinf

SRAM DualDrive hub
« on: June 10, 2017, 07:09:27 pm »
Update 18/01/2018 - this hub is now spoken for

SRAM DualDrive hub available for the cost of postage from France, if anyone wants to play with this type of gearing.

IMO, most suitable for small-wheel bikes, maybe including recumbents.

Hub has been used for about 2700 kms. There is a nick in one of the hub flanges (visible in two of the close ups), this was already there when I got the hub. Didn't cause me any problems when I built the hub into a wheel.

Spoke count 36. OLD about 135 mm.

This is a 3x8 DualDrive, so suitable for an 8-speed cassette, either SRAM or Shimano (I suspect only the models with a 13T or 14T smallest sprocket).

It comes with a clickbox, but no cassette, and I don't have the SRAM combined shifter that usually comes with this hub. The hub can be shifted with most SRAM or Sturmey-Archer 3-speed shifters, I will include one of the 4 shown in the photos:

- Sturmey-Archer 3-speed bar-end shifter. This is suitable for drop bars, I had it on the left side, combined with a Shimano 8 speed bar end lever on the right side to shift the derailleur cassette.
- Sturmey-Archer 3-speed handlebar-mount thumbshifter.
- SRAM 3-speed trigger shifter.
- Sturmey-Archer 3-speed trigger shifter.

The last 3 are suitable for mountain bike or roadster type handlebars, but could also be mounted on a quill stem or something like a Thorn accessory bar on a drop handlebar bike.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 10:41:23 pm by martinf »

martinf

Re: SRAM DualDrive hub
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 07:10:43 pm »
SRAM DualDrive hub, more photos.

martinf

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 07:16:17 pm »
SRAM DualDrive hub, 2 more photos.

mickeg

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 08:26:50 pm »
I am running an Sram eight speed 11/32 cassette on my Dual Drive, I think it can take a nine speed cassette too.