Author Topic: SRAM DualDrive hub  (Read 186 times)

martinf

SRAM DualDrive hub
« on: June 10, 2017, 07:09:27 PM »
SRAM DualDrive hub available for the cost of postage from France, if anyone wants to play with this type of gearing.

IMO, most suitable for small-wheel bikes, maybe including recumbents.

Hub has been used for about 2700 kms. There is a nick in one of the hub flanges (visible in two of the close ups), this was already there when I got the hub. Didn't cause me any problems when I built the hub into a wheel.

Spoke count 36. OLD about 135 mm.

This is a 3x8 DualDrive, so suitable for an 8-speed cassette, either SRAM or Shimano (I suspect only the models with a 13T or 14T smallest sprocket).

It comes with a clickbox, but no cassette, and I don't have the SRAM combined shifter that usually comes with this hub. The hub can be shifted with most SRAM or Sturmey-Archer 3-speed shifters, I will include one of the 4 shown in the photos:

- Sturmey-Archer 3-speed bar-end shifter. This is suitable for drop bars, I had it on the left side, combined with a Shimano 8 speed bar end lever on the right side to shift the derailleur cassette.
- Sturmey-Archer 3-speed handlebar-mount thumbshifter.
- SRAM 3-speed trigger shifter.
- Sturmey-Archer 3-speed trigger shifter.

The last 3 are suitable for mountain bike or roadster type handlebars, but could also be mounted on a quill stem or something like a Thorn accessory bar on a drop handlebar bike.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 07:26:33 PM by martinf »

martinf

Re: SRAM DualDrive hub
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 07:10:43 PM »
SRAM DualDrive hub, more photos.

martinf

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 07:16:17 PM »
SRAM DualDrive hub, 2 more photos.

mickeg

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 08:26:50 PM »
I am running an Sram eight speed 11/32 cassette on my Dual Drive, I think it can take a nine speed cassette too.