Author Topic: [No longer available] Ortlieb Ultimate Plus-L Handlebar bag.  (Read 3202 times)

Pavel

This is inspired by people who come here and dedicate their time to giving valuable information here at this forum, and MartinF, from whom I received the Carradice rain pants - free for the cost of the shipping

So.

I have a Red Ortlieb Ultimate Plus-L Handlebar bag, plus a divider insert, used mounting bracket and wire (the wire will probably have to be replaced) and one key.  My murphy's law calculator tells me that the other key shall be found a day after I ship this, so alas - only one key.

This was my Daughter's bag, used in our 2012 trip from Raleigh North Carolina to Austin Texas.  Soon after we set out, the rear left snap pulled itself out and was later lost, and it's somewhat sunlight faded. the Cat hair is no extra charge.

Free for the asking for any forum member with 25 posts or more - for the price of shipping.  I guess that would make more sense to ship to here to the US or Canada but on the other hand it's not a heavy item.

Thanks for being a member here and sharing in the knowledge - and Martin, thanks - I Love those rain pants!   :)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 08:26:48 am by Danneaux »

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: Ortlieb Ultimate Plus-L Handlebar bag.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 05:55:30 pm »
PM awaits you, Pavel.

All the best,

Dan.

Pavel

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 05:59:35 pm »
I'm really happy that it shall get some new love with what I am sure will be a very well put together bike, Dan.  I'll even try to knock off some of that cat hair.  :)

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 06:05:31 pm »
Many thanks, Pavel. It will find a very happy home on the red-and-black tandem for many future, fun adventures. Cat hair is a bonus.  :D

All the best,

Dan.

Pavel

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 07:16:17 pm »
Package on its way. I'm quite sure that others will have caught the sublime irony in that Dan would know better than an owner which size the bag really is. Yup - medium.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 07:48:28 pm »
Truly delighted by and thankful for your kindness and of course it is already well on its way to becoming another DanneauxProject!

I am hoping to mill an extension mount from aluminum billet to mount it just *above* the stoker's handlebars and just aft of my own bum so it will be usable by my stoker, who currently has no place for "things". Of course, it will still work up front as well.

All the best,

Dan. (...of the dangerously inventive mind)

onrbikes

Wire fix solution
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2017, 07:11:41 am »
I've had the same issue and made a fix if anyone is interested.

www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/ortlieb