Miscellaneous > Insurance

Too good to be true ??

<< < (2/5) > >>

DAntrim:
Very nice deal indeed, price is way lower than any other I've been quoted.

Phoned them up to confirm the locks required when away from home and ask if home insurance is required, which it isn't. Surprisingly they do not specify a specific type of lock, only condition is that if the bike is left unattended outside, then it must be locked to an imovable object.

Tiberius:
I’ve just generated a hypothetical quote to cover my bikes.

Interestingly, £2000 max/£2500 max/£3000 max/£3500 max all generated the same premium of £33.52. It was only when I input a maximum of £1500 that the quoted price dropped to £27.50. So if you’ve got a bike worth over £1500 it would APPEAR that you might as well just go to the £3500 level (belt and braces). It would also APPEAR that whatever the value of your bike, the excess is always £100.

Has anyone here ever bought any TSB insurance product and made a claim ? Experience, good/bad ?

The original question was ‘Too good to be true’ ??….I’m GUESSING that no-one reading this thread has made a claim on this policy, and until someone does…….we will keep asking the question.

rualexander:

--- Quote from: Tiberius on April 29, 2017, 01:49:37 pm ---It would also APPEAR that whatever the value of your bike, the excess is always £100.

--- End quote ---

I was given a range of options for the excess, between £50 and £300 I think, but the final premium only varied by about £5 per annum depending on the chosen excess so I chose the £50 excess.

Tiberius:

--- Quote from: rualexander on April 29, 2017, 02:17:01 pm ---I was given a range of options for the excess, between £50 and £300 I think, but the final premium only varied by about £5 per annum depending on the chosen excess so I chose the £50 excess.

--- End quote ---

You are correct Sir. :)

i just had another 'play' and on £3,500 of cover I could alter the excess from £50 to £200....the premium altered by around £3.00

dereksheph:
I've gone for the deal. Like many, I usually rely on good old "in plain sight" and "USE YOUR COMMON SENSE" when it comes to security issues but I'm reckoning that for £30 odd quid, it's a wee bit of extra peace of mind. And, in the great scheme of prepping for a RTW trip, it's not a whole lot of money.As you kindly pointed out, it also comes with £2,000,000 liability cover which when added to my CTC personal liability cover , my health insurance personal liability cover etc, I could probably go completely medieval mid Aleppo and still be covered.
Time will tell if TSB are as attractive when it comes to a claim but then the same can be said for many....
Thanks to all who posted.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version