Community > Muppets Threads! (And Anything Else)

What items are so useful they should be issued at birth to everyone?

(1/9) > >>

Danneaux:
Hi All!

A few items/products/gadgets are so useful they should probably be issued to every newcomer to our little world. Care to share your nominations here?

One candidate I can offer is a product called Tear-Aid. It comes in two varieties, one for vinyl based items, the other for everything else. Assuming you use the right kind, it is ace for patching holes in waterproof Ortlieb products. Incredibly tough stuff! I carry a kit with me on every tour. See: https://www.tear-aid.com/ Of course Amazon carries it.

A Swiss Army Knife might well be another such item...and the original P-38 and P-51 Army-issue folding can openers (in stainless, not the crummy chrome-plated steel variety).

I could add endless items, but am interested to hear your choices, so...?

All the best,

Dan.

John Saxby:
+1 for both of those, Dan.  I've found the Wenger brand of SAK to have the best quality steel among the various claimants (tho' I'm not an Arsenal supporter). Victorinox has gobbled up the Wenger firm, but the factory is still producing the knives; they now have the Victorinox scalloped shield logo.

To those two I'd add:
     > 5-minute epoxy
     > JB Weld
     > QR rubber ties from Lee Valley Tools
     > Sugru

Bill C:
the things i use the most and carry with me  daily/can't live without are my petzl headtorch (dog walking, night riding, camping) and a zippo lighter (I do fancy a wenger fidis but baulk at the cost, maybe for my birthday)

energyman:
An RST (well you could grow into it)

rualexander:
Dan,
That Tear Aid looks good stuff, I haven't heard of it before but it seems to be available here, how does it compare with McNett Tenacious Tape?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version