Author Topic: no escape.  (Read 1872 times)

jags

no escape.
« on: April 07, 2017, 01:53:13 pm »
I'm away to a wedding wish me luck i hate them with a passion drinking session and i don't drink ,no choice its my sisters wedding , i even got me hair cut  bought new trousers and a new jumper  jaysus i'll be only lovely. roll on the morning until this is all over.

anto  :'(

Andre Jute

Re: no escape.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 02:38:33 pm »
I'm away to a wedding wish me luck i hate them with a passion drinking session and i don't drink ,no choice its my sisters wedding , i even got me hair cut  bought new trousers and a new jumper  jaysus i'll be only lovely. roll on the morning until this is all over.
anto  :'(

"Gotta be better than a wake."

"Barely."

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 06:41:05 pm »
Anto,

I'll see your wedding and raise you jury duty.  ::) I got my letter tapping me yesterday for...right at my expected tour departure date. Drat!

Of course I'm happy to serve, but it is the timing here that disappoints. I could ask for a deferment, but then it could come unexpectedly at some later date when it might be even less convenient.

This is the 5th time I have been called, excused each. Sometimes, a person's number doesn't get called. The other times, defense attorneys objected to me being on the jury because of my background teaching law enforcement officers and consulting to the criminal justice system. Maybe the same this time, maybe not. We'll see. Best to be "ready" for a tour regardless.

Sympathy and empathy, Anto. Yours will be over soon.

All the best,

Dan.

Paul S

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 06:55:19 pm »
Man 5 times.

That's not fare.
Peddle Power = Will Power...... & the right gears.

jags

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 08:41:41 pm »
Im home ;D ;D made my excuse to the sister they will dance and drink the night away ill be in my bed shortly.
Anto.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2017, 08:50:44 pm »
I'd have done the same, Anto. Goodnight to you.  :)

All the best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 09:25:24 pm »
Weddings go on all day an all night I dont know how they do it im shattered.

AndyE

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2017, 09:27:41 pm »
Jags did I read that correctly, YOU DON'T DRINK!  :o
Doncaster in deepest South of Yorkshire

jags

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2017, 10:38:40 pm »
Andy I had a glass champagne and 2 halfs lager im not the better of it yet.but fear not g here plenty in the family that make up for my lack of alchol  ;D