Author Topic: Thorn Sherpa Mk 3 touring bike 510XL suit 5'5-5'11', great used condition  (Read 1623 times)

timlong

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/193624028530
Thorn Sherpa Mk 3 tough touring bike unisex suit 5'5-5'11', great used refurbished condition. Collection in person preferred.

I bought this Thorn Sherpa from the original purchaser last year. Since then it's had an overhaul, with new Harry Rowland hand-built wheels, new bottom bracket, new cassette, chain, tyres, and cables. It's a 9 speed, with a triple on the front.

I've ridden the bike about 500 miles, on tours of Belgium and the Netherlands. It runs really smoothly, it’s great for tarmac and gravel, fully laden or not. A really stable and reliable bike.

There are signs of wear on the top tube, see photo. There are other minor cosmetic blemishes. The frame is marked 510XL, which is discontinued size, and the '51', I think, is the nominal height of the seat tube. I am 5' 8", the bike fits me well, and you can see from the set-up there is plenty of scope to adjust the bike for a shorter or taller rider. Please see the full listing on ebay. Thanks