Author Topic: New addition to the Family  (Read 2985 times)

Paul S

New addition to the Family
« on: March 28, 2017, 03:29:43 pm »
Confession time,

I have succumbed to the magic of ‘stick to the road like glue’ Thorn Frames & I (specially for Anto ;)) love the Hub in Thomas (my Nomad) it’s just so darn handy in the real world.

Thomas has also served to demonstrated acutely just how uncomfortable my Aluminium 700cc Dawes is.

Thomas now has a younger Brother/Sister, (not decided yet), due to arrive this Friday, in the form of a light-ish weight Mercury.

The new bathroom will have to wait for a bit ...... Life  ::)
Peddle Power = Will Power...... & the right gears.

jags

Re: New addition to the Family
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 03:38:28 pm »
Well done Paul sure a fella can never have enough bikes ;D
any tours planed for it or is it for  tracks and trails whatever enjoy every pedal stroke..

i'm just finished  polishing and lubing up my Terry Dolan and the Thorn audax both crackin bikes hard to say which is my favourite love them both.
anyway enjoy the new baby keep her clean. ;)

Anto.

Paul S

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 04:13:42 pm »
Well done Paul sure a fella can never have enough bikes ;D
any tours planed for it or is it for  tracks and trails whatever enjoy every pedal stroke..
i'm just finished  polishing and lubing up my Terry Dolan and the Thorn audax both crackin bikes hard to say which is my favourite love them both.
anyway enjoy the new baby keep her clean. ;)
Anto.

When I was a kid I was a big Swallows & Amazons fan (the Big 6 was a fav). I am doing a 10-day B&B tour of the Norfolk Boards in June. The Mercury fits the bill for that.

My Dawes is demoted to the tat about bike & the Halfords £99 special MTB is going to charity.

Polish works for the joys of life  ;D

Cheers,

Paul.

jags

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 04:31:27 pm »
Sounds good light fast touring and a nice comfy bed at the end of each days cycling happy days.dont forget the photos of the new baby .

ridgeback63

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 08:23:51 pm »
I was very tempted with a Mercury,but lost my heart to the Raven,however I must agree with jags,I would like to see some pictures as well please.

Paul S

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 11:17:19 am »
The Raven is a cracking bike in its own right. I went for the Mercury mainly because I have a Thorn Built dyno hub front wheel in my Dawes, it & the headlamp are moving over. Will put some pictures up once its unpacked and in one bit.

Cheers,

Paul.

RST Scout

• Janet
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2017, 11:38:43 pm »
Isn't it nice. Loads of new Thorns to coo over. Do I coo over Scout.......you betchya ;D

Enjoy the riding.
Scout & Bettina's slave!

Paul S

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2017, 05:56:28 pm »
Do I coo over Scout.......you betchya ;D

And why not 8) . I do :)

jags

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2017, 08:19:28 pm »
Very good, ;D

Pavel

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2017, 03:04:17 am »
I consider the Mercury a complete fail.  I try not to dream about it ... but I always fail.

So pardon me, but I'm not going to think about how jealous I am right now. No I'm perfectly happy without. Absolutely.  For sure. Who needs the ultimate anyways.