Author Topic: Rohloff/Gates Carbon Belt Drive WITHDRAWN  (Read 7579 times)

energyman

Re: Rohloff/Gates Carbon Belt Drive WITHDRAWN
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2017, 10:07:54 pm »
I used to know some one who cycled 30 miles on a replica  D-P bike complete with the leather strap "crossbar"
His comment at the end of the ride was "Never again".  Something to do with the whole bike was flexing as you went along I think.
(He had a massive collection of bikes of all types and introduced me to my first Thorn/Rohloff)

Pavel

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2017, 03:02:45 pm »
Gentlemen, you all miss the point behind that D-P bike.  You peddle to the nearest starbucks, or Pub if you are fortunate enough to live in Britain, park it, take a seat next to the attractive ladies - and wait a few minutes. 

Horses for courses. Not ever bike is for touring.  :P

Andre Jute

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2017, 11:49:57 pm »
Gentlemen, you all miss the point behind that D-P bike.  You peddle to the nearest starbucks, or Pub if you are fortunate enough to live in Britain, park it, take a seat next to the attractive ladies - and wait a few minutes. 

Horses for courses. Not ever bike is for touring.  :P

Pavel has it. The Pedersen is the sort of bike that demonstrates your culture without you ever having to say a word.

Nor is it only a cafe racer... It was (and is) ridden by some serious racers.

(From http://www.pedersen-bike.dk)

Check those drop bars, attached halfway down the "head tube"!

Pavel

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2017, 02:46:56 am »
we will one day look as funny as those guys do, to future generations.  Especially those of us in Spandex! :D