Author Topic: What shall I name her?  (Read 8625 times)

RST Scout

• Janet
Re: What shall I name her?
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2017, 08:43:02 pm »
Hi Janet,

How about "Scottie " for the new Bike?  You're going to get some stick about the mudguards on your red mountain bike  😂

Bob

Don't like mud in me face, Bob ;)  ::) ;D
Scout & Bettina's slave!

RST Scout

• Janet
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2017, 08:45:40 pm »
Yes, Anto, I love my bikes. I mentioned to my sister-in-law that the Thorns have very high resale values. She looked at me and said "but you never sell any bikes"
And there you have it! ;D

Scout & Bettina's slave!

jags

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2017, 10:46:44 pm »
your right Janet hold onto them i usually have to sell to buy another :'(
ah i've been after this audax a long time now as i said before i have a class road bike but i needed a good bike that could basically do it all  the audax ticked all my boxes .when i sold the sherpa i also sold every bit of camping gear i had, after a disastrous ireland tour i swore i'd never tour again  but time is a great healer so i built up a quality camping kit once again all i needed was a bike to put it on  ;D
anto

RST Scout

• Janet
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2017, 05:17:10 pm »
Go for it Anto, enjoy your new bike and let us know how your maiden tour goes.

Janet
Scout & Bettina's slave!

jags

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2017, 07:54:33 pm »
sure will janet  ;)

Procyon

• an old artist man and his bicycle
    • my bio and artist resume and gallery
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2017, 09:24:40 pm »
Beautiful bike, bikes, and names!  cool, you're reading Harper Lee...   that opens up names like Harper-Lee, Boo, Finch (close to Raven :) )
and yet "Raven" itself is awfully nice or Raven-girl..    Scout, also, cannot be outdone... What an amazing character out of whose eyes the story
is seen and told, and on your Raven, "Scout", or however you name her/him, you will also see will also perceive worlds within worlds and stories
to be told, or simply silently taken in... like a deer taking in the forest...    Thanks for your posting and your thread....   the "personhood" of
what we consider inanimate objects, whether a living tree, or a swirling labyrinth of molecules and atoms we call "steel", much less the form of
a bicycle, is something worth perceiving or enjoying in living in the awe of Creation...   so, i tried to scan the postings in this thread, but didn't encounter
whether you'd chosen a name yet?    Scout?     

jags

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2017, 11:00:39 pm »
there poetry in that post 8)

Procyon

• an old artist man and his bicycle
    • my bio and artist resume and gallery
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2017, 11:26:18 pm »
 :)

Pavel

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2017, 05:15:24 pm »
I always try to think of what I want the bike to do and be.  As if giving a name, leads the bike (and me) to the proper destiny.

I named my Thorn Nomad "Atlas" due to it's weight carrying ability. The bike can carry ridiculous weights. Unfortunately I forgot to give myself a similar nickname, and it shows on every hill.

My RST I called "Rocinante", the steed that took Don Quixote on his bold, heroic quests.  It seems to have worked well. Sanity of overrated. Reality always gets in the way of adventure, if one lets it.

So, choose wisely! Destiny may be listening.

If third time be a charm, my next bike, though it's a mouthful,  shall be "Endless-Free-Beer". What a journey it will be!

jags

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2017, 05:49:27 pm »
thats a great post.pavel ;)

anto