Author Topic: Tents...again! :)  (Read 2702 times)

StuntPilot

• Tour on a Bike
Tents...again! :)
« on: February 07, 2017, 11:10:35 am »
BTW, Your tent, it it a Vango Pulsar? I've been looking at these online recently. Is it for two or three?

The tent I used round the North Sea and pictured on the web site was an old Vango Spirit 200+, now replaced with a Force Ten (Vango) Nitro Lite 200+. Its much lighter but effectively the same design. I used a MSR Hubba Hubba on my most recent tour. Both are two person tents with lots of room for a solo tourer. I would highly recommend both tents for touring. The Force Ten for colder wetter climes and the MSR in warmer weather.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 04:46:08 pm by StuntPilot »

jags

Re: Tents...again! :)
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 04:18:27 pm »
i pitched my new tent today Naturehike cloud up2.
the pitching wasn't to bad but getting it right was a different story  ::)
the flysheet  is a pain in the ass to get it  spot on ,but i got there in the end just hope it will be ok in this terrible irish weather .
im a fair weather camper don't do adventure stuff to old not experienced enough to tackle the hard core stuff so i'm sticking to sunshine and good campsites .
man i hate winter feckin rain cold weather i wasn't made for this  crap i need the sun on me back  if ever i win the lottery i'm out of here. :'(

anto.

[Split and moved topic to its own thread for clarity. I'll post photos on Anto's behalf momentarily--Dan]
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 06:50:11 pm by Danneaux »

RST Scout

• Janet
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 06:50:25 pm »
Thanks for the info SP. The Force Ten (Vango) Nitro Lite 200+ is the lightweight version of the Pulsar 200. Nice!
I particularly like the massive porch. My one man tent is absolutely no good when you have a soggy wet dog!

Janet
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 06:54:37 pm by Danneaux »
Scout & Bettina's slave!

jags

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 06:54:29 pm »
Thanks for that Dan,on the last photo u can see the fly is not sitting on the top seam try as i might  i could not get it right,but it's a cheap tent so i suppose u get what u pay for.still as long as it keeps the dreaded weather out i'll be happy enough.
anyone else using this  type of tent.

anto.

RST Scout

• Janet
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 09:42:20 pm »
It's an interesting shape, Anto. Not seen one like this before. Does it go up fly first or inner?

Janet
Scout & Bettina's slave!

jags

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 10:37:58 pm »
inner Janet its a chinese takeaway ,copy of an american tent i believe  i bought it from a guy on the ctc forum .
i have another good quality tent but it's 3.5kg so to heavy for the audax.if ever i win the lottery i'll buy a good tent  or maybe a campervan ::)

anto

RST Scout

• Janet
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 05:25:49 pm »
Oh, go for the camper van. I used to have a VW Devon Moonraker. I loved that van but it fell apart on the path. I really regret not getting it done up. I sold it for a pitance for spares. :'(

Janet
Scout & Bettina's slave!

jags

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 09:01:19 pm »
the vw  califonia is top of the list when i win the lottery  ;)

anto .