Author Topic: Look what I got (Enduro)  (Read 2230 times)

CWM

Look what I got (Enduro)
« on: February 02, 2017, 12:45:31 pm »
Picked this up when on a business trip to England this week. Didn't look all that great (see the "before" photo) but the vendor managed to rustle up some provenance (an original bill of sale from the first owner) and a deal was done.  Spent a wee while cleaning it up and now looks okay I think.  Will definitely need to slim down the collection as this will bring the Thorns I own to five (RST, Audax, kiddieback tandem, Club Tour and Enduro).  The Club Tour has hardly been used and will be offered for sale soon.  It's a 572S in green. Let me know if it is likely to be of interest, I need the space as well as the money.

Dave Whittle Thorn Workshop

• Thorn Cycles
Re: Look what I got (Enduro)
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 08:39:07 am »
Looks great, make sure to get the fork serviced, I bet its never been done, I hate seeing Magura forks some back with scored stanchions.

CWM

Re: Look what I got (Enduro)
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 11:23:10 am »
Thanks Dave, I had not thought about that. Will ask my LBS (Bothy Bikes in Aviemore, or BaseCampMTB in Grantown, both excellent in their own way).

Do you have any hints on how to remove the sprocket without a vice? I know it says in the book don't use a vice, but the only time I have successfully removed a sprocket from a Rohloff is using a vice. Now I have moved I don't have a vice and cannot make any progress with a spanner.

Thanks again.